NCAA Football 2021 Season

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
At least my Ducks are in the top four.
Well that didn't age well. ;)

Certainly was surprised, not so much of losing to Utah, but the ease of which they won. The good news for me is, this will make OSU look worse
My UTSA Roadrunners are 11-0 #BirdsUp

And probably should be ranked higher than they are.

And it looks like we are a win away against WKU from meeting in the C-USA Championship Game. Although we have managed to lose at least 3 games we should have won so I won't take any bets on the game.

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Definitely a weird season. But, truthfully, I think this is Georgia's time. I know they've been beaten by Alabama several times over the past few years, but I'd be shocked if Bama comes out with a W in the SEC championship.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Definitely a weird season. But, truthfully, I think this is Georgia's time. I know they've been beaten by Alabama several times over the past few years, but I'd be shocked if Bama comes out with a W in the SEC championship.

So does a 2-loss Alabama make it in over a 1-Loss Oklahoma State or Notre Dame?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
So does a 2-loss Alabama make it in over a 1-Loss Oklahoma State or Notre Dame?
If Alabama beats Auburn and Georgia, of course they're in. But what if the Georgia game is close? An overtime or last-second Alabama win, say? You'd have two very good 1-loss teams, but I don't think the committee will let both Georgia and Alabama into the playoffs under any circumstances.

How about if Alabama loses to Auburn and wins against Georgia? The committee would be under pressure to keep a 2-loss Alabama out, but could they allow Georgia in despite losing their divisional championship? That would be a tough decision.

This is all hypothetical, though. I don't expect to see Alabama triumph over Georgia in Atlanta. They have too many exploitable weaknesses because of personnel and coaching, especially on defense.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Last night, because I was bored off my ass, I turned on North Carolina vs NC State. I was web surfing and only half paying attention to it because, frankly, I donā€™t care about either team.

Until.

State had been trailing most of the game and North Carolina was up by two scores with only a few minutes left. State came back to score, then recovered an onside kick which of course is not easy to do.

So State marches down the field with two minutes left and is looking to win with at least a field goal. And then, in a flurry of utter stupidity, North Carolina makes one penalty after another, and State is getting 5 or 15 yards and new downs all over the place.

North Carolina basically marched backward into field goal range for State, which then scored a touchdown instead. With only :05 left, North Carolina heaved one in the end zone in a desperate attempt to regain the lead, only to see State intercept.

For a boring game, that got pretty good. šŸ˜„

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My UTSA Roadrunners are 11-0 #BirdsUp

Sorry dude. :( I would have invited you to the game had the Herd not choked against WKU.

Lot's of turmoil this weekend. But here are my guesses for how things play out.

Georgia - In unless absolutely crushed by Alabama
Cincinnati - In if win over Houston in AAC Championship Game
Alabama - In if win over Georgia, possibly still in with close loss.
Ohio State - dreams died at the Big House
Michigan - In if win over Iowa, Out with Loss
Notre Dame - This is a tough one. The manage to creep up the rankings and the committee puts them in just to watch them get hammered. Will the Committee learn?
Oklahoma State - Nice win over OU, but from 7 they need help. Will they vault over OSU? I would put them in over ND.

So my predictions:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma State.

Outside looking in:

5. Notre Dame
6. Alabama

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude. :( I would have invited you to the game had the Herd not choked against WKU.

Lot's of turmoil this weekend. But here are my guesses for how things play out.

Georgia - In unless absolutely crushed by Alabama
Cincinnati - In if win over Houston in AAC Championship Game
Alabama - In if win over Georgia, possibly still in with close loss.
Ohio State - dreams died at the Big House
Michigan - In if win over Iowa, Out with Loss
Notre Dame - This is a tough one. The manage to creep up the rankings and the committee puts them in just to watch them get hammered. Will the Committee learn?
Oklahoma State - Nice win over OU, but from 7 they need help. Will they vault over OSU? I would put them in over ND.

So my predictions:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma State.

Outside looking in:

5. Notre Dame
6. Alabama

Weā€™re still hosting the Championship so itā€™s all good. Theyā€™ve sold almost 40k tickets so the crowd will be loud. And still several days until the game!

JamesMike

Power User
Reaction score
Well that didn't age well. ;)

Certainly was surprised, not so much of losing to Utah, but the ease of which they won. The good news for me is, this will make OSU look worse

And probably should be ranked higher than they are.

And it looks like we are a win away against WKU from meeting in the C-USA Championship Game. Although we have managed to lose at least 3 games we should have won so I won't take any bets on the game.

The Ducks get a second chance this Friday against Utah, hopefully they will do better. They were awful in the first match.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The Ducks get a second chance this Friday against Utah, hopefully they will do better. They were awful in the first match.

They were. I think Oregon is the better team and they should win.

But now that we are in Championship week, there is no MACtion on TV this week. I like those games. :)

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
0150A908-CB7C-40EC-A527-BC6C37ADEAED.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What a day. Couple of upsets and a beatdown.

I thought Georgia had a defense, but if they did Alabama didn't seem to care. Score was closer than the game and Alabama won by 17. Didn't get to see the Baylor/OSU game, but from what I read it was a fight. Wanted OSU to win as a means to keep ND out of the playoffs as I expected Georgia to win. With Alabama winning it should work itself out.

My prediction

1) Michigan
2) Alabama
3) Cincinnati
4) Georgia

This order is to prevent an Alabma/Georgia rematch in the first round. I don't think Alabama leaps Michigan after their beatdown of Iowa.

We will know at Noon.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
What a day. Couple of upsets and a beatdown.

I thought Georgia had a defense, but if they did Alabama didn't seem to care. Score was closer than the game and Alabama won by 17. Didn't get to see the Baylor/OSU game, but from what I read it was a fight. Wanted OSU to win as a means to keep ND out of the playoffs as I expected Georgia to win. With Alabama winning it should work itself out.

My prediction

1) Michigan
2) Alabama
3) Cincinnati
4) Georgia

This order is to prevent an Alabma/Georgia rematch in the first round. I don't think Alabama leaps Michigan after their beatdown of Iowa.

We will know at Noon.
Now we know. I'm glad Alabama won't face Georgia in the semi-final - nobody wants to see that. The match-ups will be a good opportunity to see two top non-SEC teams compete against SEC teams. Alabama is ranked #1, but they have a tough 2-game season ahead of them, having lost one of their two top receivers yesterday. And they're playing with only one scholarship running back who's not at 100%.

About the only thing that shouldn't be in doubt is the Heisman. After his performance all season, especially marching down the field to tie the Iron Bowl last week and his performance yesterday (obviously helped by an energized O-line), it'll be a travesty if Bryce Young doesn't get it. In addition to being an excellent QB, he's humble and soft-spoken.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Now we know. I'm glad Alabama won't face Georgia in the semi-final - nobody wants to see that. The match-ups will be a good opportunity to see two top non-SEC teams compete against SEC teams. Alabama is ranked #1, but they have a tough 2-game season ahead of them, having lost one of their two top receivers yesterday. And they're playing with only one scholarship running back who's not at 100%.

About the only thing that shouldn't be in doubt is the Heisman. After his performance all season, especially marching down the field to tie the Iron Bowl last week and his performance yesterday (obviously helped by an energized O-line), it'll be a travesty if Bryce Young doesn't get it. In addition to being an excellent QB, he's humble and soft-spoken.

Yeah I think he wins, but that DE from Michigan Hutchinson is deserving as well. He just plays on the wrong side of the ball.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I would like to see a top-ten play-off that would go

first week
10 vs 1
9 vs 2
8 vs 5
7 vs 6
second week
lowest-ranked-week-1-winner vs 3
second-lowest-week-1-winner vs 4
bye for top 2 week-1-winners
third week
seeded semifinals
fifth week
championship (after the bowls)

Presumably, the top two teams would have a week off, but if they were to lose, a lower-ranked team would get the bye. Mostly, teams below 4th rank would have to win 3 games to reach the final.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I would like to see a top-ten play-off that would go

first week
10 vs 1
9 vs 2
8 vs 5
7 vs 6
second week
lowest-ranked-week-1-winner vs 3
second-lowest-week-1-winner vs 4
bye for top 2 week-1-winners
third week
seeded semifinals
fifth week
championship (after the bowls)

Presumably, the top two teams would have a week off, but if they were to lose, a lower-ranked team would get the bye. Mostly, teams below 4th rank would have to win 3 games to reach the final.

I like the idea, but I think the 5 Power 5 Champs should be in as well as the highest ranked Group of 5 team. Then fill in the rest.

Top Bottom
1 2