Netflix Officially Adding Commercials

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Not only have they implemented ads (got my first one the other day), they're now saying they'll add an ad free tier as well. Their content is not what it used to be and we've found ourselves rarely watching anything on there anymore, that coupled with the rate increases is enough to cancel. It's the end of an era in the streaming world, once a titan they're now struggling to keep up with all the competition.
I can't get over how little content they have anymore. Used to be almost all movies were there - now, it's much more likely that they DON'T have it!!! Maybe I'll give Disney a whirl for a month or two to see if there's enough value there?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I can't get over how little content they have anymore. Used to be almost all movies were there - now, it's much more likely that they DON'T have it!!! Maybe I'll give Disney a whirl for a month or two to see if there's enough value there?

As part of the D23/Disney Day/whatever, they're offering a month for $1.99

There's also a ton of ways to get it, we're on a second 6 months free, and we have another free 6 months on deck. Promos from CCs, cellular services, etc.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not only have they implemented ads (got my first one the other day), they're now saying they'll add an ad free tier as well. Their content is not what it used to be and we've found ourselves rarely watching anything on there anymore, that coupled with the rate increases is enough to cancel. It's the end of an era in the streaming world, once a titan they're now struggling to keep up with all the competition.
Where did this ad appear, at the beginning or in the middle of a show? Their prices are too high as is, I might bail.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
In Mexico now at a VRBO home. Season 6 of Better Call Saul is on Netflix in Mexico and several accounts are still signed in to the smart TV here. I chose Cedric’s account and this guy has a fuckton of anime and such going on. I’m classing up his recently watched with BCS, Community, and Atlanta. Shout out to my boy, Cedric!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Where did this ad appear, at the beginning or in the middle of a show? Their prices are too high as is, I might bail.
It was shown before the show. The content in general has really slipped. They're surely paying millions of dollars for all these stars to be in terrible movies, most are rated so low on RT (and other sites) that I don't even bother to watch. If they were put the same effort into decent scripts they would have a winning formula but the content is just awful.

Top Bottom
1 2