New Board Version

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
The new version of this board offers some pretty compelling updates so I'll be updating to it, I don't expect the process to take too long and there will be a message put up letting everyone know.

One thing that will change, at least of now, is setting the back to default for everyone.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
That was quick and pretty painless. Here is a list of new features, some of which I have enabled and others I have not. IMO the Writing before registering support is the best of them all, it will let anyone reply to a thread and when they click "reply" or "submit" button, they're prompted to register if they want to post the message. Very cool feature, it will be interesting to see how well it works.

The Official Stuff:
This release adds a collection of great new features to XenForo, including the ability to repurpose forums as article repositories, a new way to encourage guest users to register, a progressive web app and a completely redesigned rich text editor. Check out the following list for some highlights:

lizkat

Elite Member
I Voted
Reaction score
So the insert media thing went away and the insert link button sorts out how to treat the URL?

Never mind... i see it just looks different now... sorry.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
So the insert media thing went away and the insert link button sorts out how to treat the URL?

Never mind... i see it just looks different now... sorry.
Yeah, they've tidied that up a bit from the looks of it. Just now noticing in this reply how it now automatically formats the text you're quoting when replying as it shows in the post after hitting submit.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
Looks interesting so far.
Also looking at the PWA (progressive web app) which allows us to set the site up as it's own standalone app on iOS and Android devices. I've configured the site, so within the next day or so when you log with a browser on a mobile device (unfortunately not Sarari) it will prompt for install, I will leave instructions on how to add it manually as well. From the looks of it there will no longer be a need for Tapatalk and all features/functions will be supported.

Alli

Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
Also looking at the PWA (progressive web app) which allows us to set the site up as it's own standalone app on iOS and Android devices. I've configured the site, so within the next day or so when you log with a browser on a mobile device (unfortunately not Sarari) it will prompt for install, I will leave instructions on how to add it manually as well. From the looks of it there will no longer be a need for Tapatalk and all features/functions will be supported.

That would be sweeeeet!

Thomas Veil

Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
I'm always hoping that the "insert media" function will add the ability to post videos from CNN, NYT, etc. But I suppose the media don't want that; they'd rather have you click through to their site. (Never mind the video you want people to see is three quarters of a mile down the page.)

But I like it so far. It's late, so I just scanned over the new stuff and will bone up on it more tomorrow.

(BTW, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to upgrade it in the Old Country.)

Top Bottom