New Covid scan method?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
could this actually work??

The special Covid-19 scanners rolled out at malls and other places in Abu Dhabi has boosted the confidence of residents in a big way.

“You move around the mall (or other places) where you are sure that everyone around you is free from the virus,” shoppers told Khaleej Times.

The special Covid-19 scanning technology is quick, convenient and will go a long way in boosting safety across the emirate, officials said.

Abu Dhabi authorities implemented the use of EDE Covid-19 scanners at shopping malls, some residential areas, and all land and air entry points in the emirate starting from Monday as part of measures to enhance Covid-19 protocols to protect public health.

The EDE scanning technology can detect a possible Covid-19 infection by measuring electromagnetic waves, which change when the RNA particles of the virus are present in the person’s body, therefore providing an immediate result.

In a statement issued on Sunday evening, the Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee said it expanded the roll-out of EDE scanners following a successful pilot phase and approval by the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH). The DoH said the EDE scanners were effective and viable detectors of the Covid-19 virus.

According to authorities, if the scanner identifies a person as being potentially infected with Covid-19, they will not be permitted entry and must follow the approved protocol and take a PCR test within 24 hours.

Mayar Salti, an Abu Dhabi expat from the Caribbean said he was impressed with the use of new technology as it was quick and convenient.

“I visited Al Wahda mall this morning and I was surprised when a security guard used the Covid-19 scanner on my face. This was new to me. He then showed me the negative result and allowed to enter,” said Salti, 40.

“It was very quick and convenient. It took only a few seconds. I believe the use of this latest technology will promote safety in the malls and increase people’s confidence as you move around knowing that everyone is Covid-19 negative.”

Helen Zimmer, a Finnish expat, who is on a visit toAbu Dhabi to see her husband, says she too was amazed by the new technology when she visited Al Wahda mall on Monday.

“I was stunned by the use of the EDE scanners to detect Covid-19 infections at shopping malls. This is something incredible and would contain the spread of the virus,” Zimmer told Khaleej Times.

U

User.191

could this actually work??

The special Covid-19 scanners rolled out at malls and other places in Abu Dhabi has boosted the confidence of residents in a big way.

“You move around the mall (or other places) where you are sure that everyone around you is free from the virus,” shoppers told Khaleej Times.

The special Covid-19 scanning technology is quick, convenient and will go a long way in boosting safety across the emirate, officials said.

Abu Dhabi authorities implemented the use of EDE Covid-19 scanners at shopping malls, some residential areas, and all land and air entry points in the emirate starting from Monday as part of measures to enhance Covid-19 protocols to protect public health.

The EDE scanning technology can detect a possible Covid-19 infection by measuring electromagnetic waves, which change when the RNA particles of the virus are present in the person’s body, therefore providing an immediate result.

In a statement issued on Sunday evening, the Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee said it expanded the roll-out of EDE scanners following a successful pilot phase and approval by the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH). The DoH said the EDE scanners were effective and viable detectors of the Covid-19 virus.

According to authorities, if the scanner identifies a person as being potentially infected with Covid-19, they will not be permitted entry and must follow the approved protocol and take a PCR test within 24 hours.

Mayar Salti, an Abu Dhabi expat from the Caribbean said he was impressed with the use of new technology as it was quick and convenient.

“I visited Al Wahda mall this morning and I was surprised when a security guard used the Covid-19 scanner on my face. This was new to me. He then showed me the negative result and allowed to enter,” said Salti, 40.

“It was very quick and convenient. It took only a few seconds. I believe the use of this latest technology will promote safety in the malls and increase people’s confidence as you move around knowing that everyone is Covid-19 negative.”

Helen Zimmer, a Finnish expat, who is on a visit toAbu Dhabi to see her husband, says she too was amazed by the new technology when she visited Al Wahda mall on Monday.

“I was stunned by the use of the EDE scanners to detect Covid-19 infections at shopping malls. This is something incredible and would contain the spread of the virus,” Zimmer told Khaleej Times.
Can't help wondering if this is scientific accuracy, or 100% pure snake-oil..

U

User.191

I know but if it worked you would think they would be selling it to the world.
Yeah - imagine the profits one can make? Obviously there's no American company directly involved or else they'd be making them for $5 in China and selling them for $100,000 a unit to the US Government...

Top Bottom
1 2