New Jeopardy Host

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
A bad joke gets you booted but a history of antivax doesn't. Nice double standard.
Mike Richards was also the one who shut the door on Ken Jennings even though his own past comments (and behavior, refusing to re-hire a female worker who took time off for pregnancy and birth) were worse.

He’s on the outside looking in now.

Who would have thought changing the host of a trivia show would be such an exposé of problems in the entertainment industry?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Mike Richards was also the one who shut the door on Ken Jennings even though his own past comments (and behavior, refusing to re-hire a female worker who took time off for pregnancy and birth) were worse.

He’s on the outside looking in now.

Who would have thought changing the host of a trivia show would be such an exposé of problems in the entertainment industry?
Cancel culture is nailing everyone, IMO it's gone overboard in a lot of cases. If your past (even distant) isn't squeaky clean it will be litigated on social media the minute your name gets any recognition.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Cancel culture is nailing everyone, IMO it's gone overboard in a lot of cases. If your past (even distant) isn't squeaky clean it will be litigated on social media the minute your name gets any recognition.
I think it has in some cases. However, I think it’s poetic justice that Richards used it to get rid of Ken Jennings only to suffer the same fate himself.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Mayim doesn't really bother me. But you needn't worry. She's already said she wants to host but can't handle the gig full time, which is how they came to that split arrangement in the first place.

I'm still pulling for David Faber or LeVar Burton.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Mayim doesn't really bother me. But you needn't worry. She's already said she wants to host but can't handle the gig full time, which is how they came to that split arrangement in the first place.

I wish the sound had been on when Levar hosted. I was somewhere and the sound was off. Really liked him in ST: TNG. Seems to have a calm demeanor to him which fits the host of that show well.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's supposed to split between Mayim and Ken now and she's making it her mission to be the FT host. We are currently watching Matt Amodio, an incredible contestant and when he's done I'll probably drop, she's absolutely horrible, condescending and dictatorial enough to help me make this decision.

At the same time it's the end of an era and I get they have to pass the torch off to someone so I'll wish them the best of luck. In the end it came down to who had the least offensive tweets in their past, not who is the best replacement for Alex.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Face it -- NO ONE can really replace Alex -- he was one of a kind, and a very special person! He and that show were in perfect synchrony, but that's not likely to ever happen again with any other host, regardless of who it is.
I don't disagree but they had some pretty good options here and chose poorly IMO.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

If LeVar Burton is a contender, I don't see how you could consider anyone else. Maybe if it's between him and Brent Spiner, but even then I would probably favor LeVar.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But LeVar recently said he’s not interested in the job anymore. No bitterness, he just realized he doesn’t want it as badly as he thought he did.

I think acting and hosting a game show are really two very different things, outside of reading questions aloud they have no real script and the cases of Mayim and Lavar they clearly have no natural knack or feel for it but when it comes to acting they are both really great.

Mike Richards definitely had it, so did Katie Couric and Anderson Cooper but who knows, maybe it's something that can be learned over time with more practice.

Reading around on the internet about the hosts you really do get wildly different views about a person's favorite though, so I try to keep in mind that it's really subjective and just comes down to personal preference here.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wife and I watch Jeopardy very often at dinner. IMHO, Ken Jennings is getting much better now, compared to Mayim.
Agreed, he seems like an obvious choice but it's hard to say what they'll do. Whatever it is they need to decided, all this wavering looks bad on them IMO.

Top Bottom
1 2