New Jeopardy Host

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Update: Two Hosts

Looks like Richards will be the main hose and Bialik will host specials like the College Tournament.

Ugh, Mayim makes everything about her and they way she chose to read the answers was fake and off putting. Oh well, her appearances will be limited at least. Glad to see Mike in the lead though, an obvious seasoned professional.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
TBH I haven't followed the merits of the litigious actions against Mike Richards, I just like his clean and seasoned hosting style. Outside of that they can fill it with whoever they want though.

I also see a lean toward Levar Burton by a lot of the internet but man he was just terrible at hosting this show, he seemed really rigid, almost combative with the contestants and struggled to read the questions properly. They did a good job of covering some of it up but you could tell they were making edits (not just with Levar, it happened with others too), he was just way out of his comfort zone on this platform. His movies and TV shows though, awesome.

Just my .02

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
No links yet, but just saw a pop up from a local news app that Richards has stepped down. Looks like the process will start all over again. Wonder if they will start the season with Blossom?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No links yet, but just saw a pop up from a local news app that Richards has stepped down. Looks like the process will start all over again. Wonder if they will start the season with Blossom?
Mayim would be enough to make me stop watching, she makes everything about her and her antivax leanings have always been a real turnoff. Also, I think there's a difference between those of us who have spent our lives watching and a bunch of amped up social media users who likely never watch the show.

The day Jon Stewart left the Daily Show I stopped watching because I realized he was the show I had been watching for all those years, I may come to that realization with Jeopardy, too.

U

User.191

Ugh, Mayim makes everything about her and they way she chose to read the answers was fake and off putting. Oh well, her appearances will be limited at least. Glad to see Mike in the lead though, an obvious seasoned professional.
Well, that aged well!

The search apparently continues...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, that aged well!

The search apparently continues...
Hey, I would've never cancelled him :ROFLMAO: he was my top choice. One thing is for sure though, with today's litigious society any time person rises in popularity every word they've ever posted online will be scrutinized. I'm pretty liberal but IMO people go waaaaay too far with this stuff.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Hey, I would've never cancelled him :ROFLMAO: he was my top choice. One thing is for sure though, with today's litigious society any time person rises in popularity every word they've ever posted online will be scrutinized. I'm pretty liberal but IMO people go waaaaay too far with this stuff.

What I think is lost is the context of what or when it was said. For example, Tiger's announcer Jack Morris should have been suspended and possibly fired for using an Asian accept when talking about Otani. He just did it this week. But we are cancelling people for what they said when they were teens decades ago. That is a bit much as you noted.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What I think is lost is the context of what or when it was said. For example, Tiger's announcer Jack Morris should have been suspended and possibly fired for using an Asian accept when talking about Otani. He just did it this week. But we are cancelling people for what they said when they were teens decades ago. That is a bit much as you noted.
Look at Paula Deen, she's been ostracized for admitting she had used the N word before way back (when there was am old pic that showed someone in black face in a photo she was in). I mean a woman in her 60s from the south, you'll have two types here, one who admits to it and the other who lied and said they didn't.

U

User.191

I'm feeling pretty damned upset with youre careless usage of an emoticon in your reply.

You will of course be hearing from my lawyers, Screw'M, Goode & Hart....

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Look at Paula Deen, she's been ostracized for admitting she had used the N word before way back (when there was am old pic that showed someone in black face in a photo she was in). I mean a woman in her 60s from the south, you'll have two types here, one who admits to it and the other who lied and said they didn't.

Just like every Congress Critter over 50, 60 for sure, has probably used it and any number of gay slurs as well. Times were different back then.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just like every Congress Critter over 50, 60 for sure, has probably used it and any number of gay slurs as well. Times were different back then.
And if they were to say those same things today then hit them. But to hold what they said way back then to today's standards is hardly fair. Comedians have had to struggle with this as well, they're afraid to do any edgy material.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They're making Mayim the new host until they find the replacement. I'm just looking at it as a wash and will likely stop watching all together, it's probably time for a younger generation to take over and hand off the reigns anyway. I got a lot of really great years out of it so I don't feel too bad.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
They're making Mayim the new host until they find the replacement. I'm just looking at it as a wash and will likely stop watching all together, it's probably time for a younger generation to take over and hand off the reigns anyway. I got a lot of really great years out of it so I don't feel too bad.
Alex Trebek didn’t try to make the show about him. He got out of the way. Bialik is a performer and always has been. I don’t think she can fade away and let the contestants shine. But maybe I will be proven wrong over time?

Top Bottom
1 2