New - Wiki Feature

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I still don’t know how @Eric wheedled his way out of that one. Wonder if he has some ‘pictures’…
Arn also had some issues with this addon, not sure what he's done to work them out because it was never shared.

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I have an open dialogue with the developer, the problem seems to be that if I grant users the ability to created a new wiki, it also gives them the ability to change any thread on the entire forum into a wiki as well. We can't have this. I'll follow up.
I agree! I think on MRs anyone can create a wiki post, but they don’t have that ability with any post they did not create.

Also, what happened to the likes? Where there used to be names of those giving likes, now there is just a number. Please allow the names once again.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I agree! I think on MRs anyone can create a wiki post, but they don’t have that ability with any post they did not create.

Also, what happened to the likes? Where there used to be names of those giving likes, now there is just a number. Please allow the names once again.
Fixed, was just playing with some settings.

As far as the Wiki goes, I'm thinking that it's broken somewhere and not working as designed. There are several updates to this modification and other users are reporting the same issue with no resolution, so this one may not be in the cards for us but I'll confirm.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Also, just drop me a message instead of using the reporting system if you would for this sort of stuff, it's easier to manage.

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Also, just drop me a message instead of using the reporting system if you would for this sort of stuff, it's easier to manage.
I saw that there was no new thread button and just knee jerked into reporting the thread, vs using a conversation. 👀

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Actually no unless I’m having a senior moment. :unsure:
Just to clarify, you won't see the "Post thread" in this forum as it's strictly for site updates posted by me. However, you should see it in all the other forums.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Interesting…
It's a shame really, I had high hopes for this one, would be a great way for the community to come together and share in some of these threads. As for why it works for Arn, I can't answer but there have been several updates to his code since MR started using it so I suspect that has something to do with it.

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Reaction score
It's a shame really, I had high hopes for this one, would be a great way for the community to come together and share in some of these threads. As for why it works for Arn, I can't answer but there have been several updates to his code since MR started using it so I suspect that has something to do with it.
The best use of a wiki thread is for lists, listing topics within a thread, or topic within a forum. Honestly I see real issues with a guide that is open to everyone on the site to edit. It takes a consistent vision, someone vested, everyone basically on the same page, and basically not working at cross purposes. Or you can lose control of something as it becomes a big mess.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Pouring one out for WikiPosts on TA, moment of silence…

The best use of a wiki thread is for lists, listing topics within a thread, or topic within a forum. Honestly I see real issues with a guide that is open to everyone on the site to edit. It takes a consistent vision, someone vested, everyone basically on the same page, and basically not working at cross purposes. Or you can lose control of something as it becomes a big mess.

We’ve really had a lot of ongoing success with the WikiPost feature on the PPC forum — so much so that we have a WikiPost of WikiPosts (which does serve more as a list, varying from the WikiPosts’ content within that list).

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I think the benefit there is that the thread starter can choose who he/she wants to participate in the thread and can additionally make it so any changes must be approved by the thread starter as well. So you would have pretty good control over it.

Top Bottom