No, DOJ, you cannot defend Trump

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The man needs a personal lawyer. We taxpayers are not paying for his perversions.
The Justice Department on Tuesday intervened in the defamation lawsuit brought by a woman who says President Trump raped her years ago, moving the matter to federal court and signaling it wants to make the U.S. government — rather than Trump himself — the defendant in the case.

In filings in federal court in Manhattan, the Justice Department asserted that Trump was “acting within the scope of his office as President of the United States” when he denied during interviews in 2019 that he had raped journalist E. Jean Carroll more than two decades ago in a New York City department store. Carroll had sued Trump over that denial in November.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I realize it’s behind a paywall, so I added the first two paragraphs to the original quote.

I don’t think it has anything to do with him not having the money. It’s just his typical abuse of the system.
Oh yes, he will absolutely abuse every agency in the Government to cater to his personal needs. I swear he makes Nixon look like a saint, I'm not a historian but have never heard of a president this corrupt in every way. I mean he doesn't even bother trying to hide it.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh yes, he will absolutely abuse every agency in the Government to cater to his personal needs. I swear he makes Nixon look like a saint, I'm not a historian but have never heard of a president this corrupt in every way. I mean he doesn't even bother trying to hide it.

This is true. I just cannot fathom why he’s getting away with it. Why does no one tell him no?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I have a close friend who believes Trump ran for office hoping to avoid ongoing legal troubles (ones publicly known and others hidden) through the protection of being President.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have a close friend who believes Trump ran for office hoping to avoid ongoing legal troubles (ones publicly known and others hidden) through the protection of being President.
Michael Cohen was on Maddow essentially saying the same thing. It will be interesting to see if the he is prosecuted when he leaves office.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

This is true. I just cannot fathom why he’s getting away with it. Why does no one tell him no?

Because they would rather hope for re-election than stand on any principles?

Never before have I felt this sickened so continuously by the internal abuse of power within a federal administration, until Trump showed up. He has somehow co-opted almost his entire party, and has shorn this version of the GOP of all principle, with their complicity. He has demonstrated some of the terrible things that happen to a democracy when a total narcissist lands in our highest elective office amid pandering to him for their own agendas by his appointees.

His gaslighting of us has been ferocious from day one. We have ended up taking our eye off the ball, getting outraged and fighting with each other over stuff that doesn't matter (and over a lot that does, but no credit to Trump for trying to help us resolve those issues!) and we have allowed his administration to wreak havoc upon its own agencies at the current and future expense of the American people.

I do not understand anyone who chooses to vote for Trump in 2020, or for that matter any candidates of the Trump-hijacked Republican party either, knowing what we have had to realize by now about his willfully corrupted administration.
He is truly a modern day naked emperor, and his fawning courtiers in the GOP are either craven or mesmerized but anyway deserve to share his eventual infamy in the history books.

To cast a vote for him to remain at the helm for another term amounts to saying that one doesn't give a damn about the Constitution or the fundamental health and well being of the nation.

Trump has made it perfectly clear he could not care less about any of us. I'm just baffled by people who could choose him now as a national leader, looking at his track record. He doesn't wish us well. We're not even on his radar. He's about him and he's derelict in his duties to us. I actually doubt he could hold a job as a pot scrubber in a short order diner for a week at this point... much less as CEO of any publicly traded company. Look at the guy! Listen to him if you can bear it.

How can people trust that Trump will do the right thing by the nation in any further crisis? He's been gaslighting us for the whole time, turning us against each other to jack up his own sense of personal power.

So sick of his lies and divisiveness. It becomes a chore to read the papers...

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
the legal analysis that came out on this attempt by barr to defend trump comes down to this:
if the Federal agents can take over jurisdiction for this defence, it would go from a state level to a federal level proceeding.
and federal level defendants can not be sued for defamation. its the law.
so if barr et alia can take it over, there is no lawsuit.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
the legal analysis that came out on this attempt by barr to defend trump comes down to this:
if the Federal agents can take over jurisdiction for this defence, it would go from a state level to a federal level proceeding.
and federal level defendants can not be sued for defamation. its the law.
so if barr et alia can take it over, there is no lawsuit.

Which is truly some bullshit. Barr is acting as Trump's consigliere, and was apparently never interested in being the AG.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Which is truly some bullshit. Barr is acting as Trump's consigliere, and was apparently never interested in being the AG.

no need to worry a great deal.

it turns out, one of the things we have learned these 3.5 years is:

even though it was PRIORITY #1 of Moscow Mitch to make as many white rascist, sexist, grifters into judges across America, and although he made great progress at doing so, it turns out that 3.5 years was not enough to corrupt the courts enough.

if you really look at what has been the bulwark against trump fascism, it has been judicial decisions time and time again.
the fact that unfortunately the appellate process takes years, does mean that trump gets a Stay Out of Jail card until he's defeated at the polls.

and, unless we take the Senate, this trump 4 year term will be extended in the sense that we will need to compromise with Moscow Mitch to get any of the judges we want on the courts during the Biden-Harris admin.

the good news is that Thomas may retire sooner than RBG.*

*actually that's not true. i made it up. but the trump guys just did a google news search to check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2