No expanded or new wars under Trump

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I do think we need to commend him for that under section code 1.3.877 which states "even a broken clock is right twice a day." You know there was pressure because there always is.

However, I have heard there's a lot more covert war support going on in other parts of Africa. But again, I don't think that's at Trump's orders because he's an idiot and probably couldn't give less of a shit and on some level probably knows our men and women in the military need to entertain themselves and serve a purpose somehow.

The one personality trait I will admit he doesn't share with Hitler is he didn't overrule our military experts and decide he knows how to wage war better. If Hitler didn't do that theres a good chance we'd all be speaking German right now.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m surprised about this too. All I can figure is that he calculated (in his own reptile brain way) that it wasn’t in his best interests. He publicly welcomes bribes, so...weird.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I do think we need to commend him for that under section code 1.3.877 which states "even a broken clock is right twice a day." You know there was pressure because there always is.

However, I have heard there's a lot more covert war support going on in other parts of Africa. But again, I don't think that's at Trump's orders because he's an idiot and probably couldn't give less of a shit and on some level probably knows our men and women in the military need to entertain themselves and serve a purpose somehow.

The one personality trait I will admit he doesn't share with Hitler is he didn't overrule our military experts and decide he knows how to wage war better. If Hitler didn't do that theres a good chance we'd all be speaking German right now.

However, he is supporting repellent regimes (such as KSA) in their ghastly military enterprises where they seek (incompetently enough, fortunately) to extend their reach and project power and influence.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
No wars? How about the war on truth, the war on decency, the war on the institutions of democracy, the war on reason itself, the war on the integrity of our elections, the war on immigrants, the war on women, the war on healthcare.

Of course, I know what you mean. No new military conflicts, but I would argue that he's "statesmanship" on the diplomatic front has left us less safe and more likely to see conflict. Abandoning the Kurds seeded a new enemy. It hasn't germinated yet. Alienating our closest allies, strengthening Russia and failing to forge a productive relationship with our closest trade partner have all made us weaker and more at risk. Apparently you can start and lose a war without firing a single shot. To your point, knowing what we know about the orange baboon, I am also surprised he didn't try invading some foreign country. Even as a subversive maneuver to deflect from his many domestic failures. That's a classic Republican strategy. Warmongering and scaring the living shit out of people. They are the masters of the boogieman. Have you noticed? We always have an enemy. If it's not USSR, it's the Taliban. If it's not the Taliban, it's the "radical left." If not them, it's the anti gun activists coming for your guns! If not them, it's the "invading" Mexican immigrants about to take your job. So, yeah... the playbook is changing I guess.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Take that with a grain of salt. He's passed orders so that drone deaths don't have to be reported anymore. In addition, with everything he's done and said, reporting about actual things happening outside of the White House has taken a back seat lately.

"There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank."

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Wait a second, he knows more than the Generals, and what about the Syria withdrawal of troops?

Top Bottom
1 2