No new trial for Ghislaine Maxwell

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

I haven’t been following it closely, but some of the actions taken by the judge made me think this was going to go a different way.
I wonder if the asshole juror helps her appeal for a new trial. He lied on the jury questionnaire and some think he purposely worked his way on to the jury.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if the asshole juror helps her appeal for a new trial. He lied on the jury questionnaire and some think he purposely worked his way on to the jury.

It seems unlikely, but anything’s possible. Generally speaking, it is very difficult to overturn a jury verdict based on alleged juror misconduct. You have to show some sort of improper external influence.

The more likely outcome in a situation like this would be punishment of the juror, himself.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
It seems unlikely, but anything’s possible. Generally speaking, it is very difficult to overturn a jury verdict based on alleged juror misconduct. You have to show some sort of improper external influence.

The more likely outcome in a situation like this would be punishment of the juror, himself.
IIRC, the judge granted him immunity to testify about his service due to Maxwell's complaint. So looks like no punishment possible against him.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
IIRC, the judge granted him immunity to testify about his service due to Maxwell's complaint. So looks like no punishment possible against him.
If so then it seems to me that nothing more will come of it. I can’t see an appellate court doing anything.

Top Bottom
1 2