North Carolina's Lieutenant Governor Takes Sexism To Biblical New Low

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
If North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson wants women’s votes, he sure has a funny way of showing it.
Robinson, a Republican positioning himself to run for governor in 2024, interpreted biblical scripture to suggest that women should not be in charge. (Watch the video below.)
“We are called to be led by men,” he said last month in a Charlotte-area church speech reported by WRAL on Monday. He acknowledged at the same time that such remarks would get him “in trouble.” On Tuesday, he accused the media of reporting misleadingly on the matter.
By the same token, God picked Moses to lead the Israelites, he said.
“Not Momma Moses,” he preached. “Daddy Moses.”
Well more than half of North Carolina’s registered voters are female, according to state records.
“My God tells me that when I face adversity that, number one, I am to stand up like a man! M-A-N!” he added during a rant in which he chided churchgoers who “listen to the doctrine of social justice instead of listening to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.”
Robinson on Tuesday posted a video to Facebook, saying his words about leadership were misinterpreted. He said he was encouraging men to step up in leadership roles. He praised the leadership his mother showed in raising him and said he believed women can succeed as leaders in their own homes and in the community and nation.
But the far-right lieutenant governor has a history of making incendiary comments.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson wants women’s votes, he sure has a funny way of showing it.
Robinson, a Republican positioning himself to run for governor in 2024, interpreted biblical scripture to suggest that women should not be in charge. (Watch the video below.)
“We are called to be led by men,” he said last month in a Charlotte-area church speech reported by WRAL on Monday. He acknowledged at the same time that such remarks would get him “in trouble.” On Tuesday, he accused the media of reporting misleadingly on the matter.
By the same token, God picked Moses to lead the Israelites, he said.
“Not Momma Moses,” he preached. “Daddy Moses.”
Well more than half of North Carolina’s registered voters are female, according to state records.
“My God tells me that when I face adversity that, number one, I am to stand up like a man! M-A-N!” he added during a rant in which he chided churchgoers who “listen to the doctrine of social justice instead of listening to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.”
Robinson on Tuesday posted a video to Facebook, saying his words about leadership were misinterpreted. He said he was encouraging men to step up in leadership roles. He praised the leadership his mother showed in raising him and said he believed women can succeed as leaders in their own homes and in the community and nation.
But the far-right lieutenant governor has a history of making incendiary comments.
Many women in the conservative Christian movement love this kind of talk, even if they don’t live by it. Look at Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett. She is part of a cult that doesn’t allow women to be leaders… but in her life, she is one of the top leaders of America. Don’t expect me to explain how she can justify that.

From the Wikipedia entry on “People of Praise”

The highest office a woman can hold in the community is "woman leader" (until 2017, "handmaid").[41][42] Women leaders "teach women on womanly affairs, give advice, help in troubled situations" and lead specialized women's activities.[3] The term handmaid had been chosen in 1971 as a reference to Mary, the mother of Jesus, who, in most English translations of the Bible, described herself as "the handmaid of the Lord" or a woman who is close to God.[13] The community teaches that husbands are the head of the household as well as the spiritual head of their wives. While it emphasizes traditional gender roles, the organization encourages women to pursue higher education and employment.[3]

I guess technically this does allow for women to get jobs, but if a woman in this cult was President, how would they submit to their husband while leading the country? The husband would be the de facto President in such a circumstance.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Many women in the conservative Christian movement love this kind of talk, even if they don’t live by it. Look at Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett. She is part of a cult that doesn’t allow women to be leaders… but in her life, she is one of the top leaders of America. Don’t expect me to explain how she can justify that.
been seeing that so often. I remember the duggers preaching how staying home and pumping out kids was a womans lot in life while going out and selling your family to the public. its amazing how much of a hypocrite they are and could care less.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like this bit

"he added during a rant in which he chided churchgoers who “listen to the doctrine of social justice instead of listening to the doctrine of Jesus Christ.”

Apparently, he listens to neither as he has somehow concluded those are 2 polar opposite things. There really has to be a special level of Hell reserved for those who get Biblical teachings exactly wrong and are proud of it.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I'm not at all a Bible scholar (or anything close to it, I've not even read all of it, just stuff in church when I was a kid)....but I do find it hard to believe that God only inspired men...where are all the stories written by women from that era?? I think there are "lost" books that men just didn't want published. I mean...where is Mary's story?? She wasn't allowed to write her side of the story? I'm not much of a feminist, either, but that has always struck me as odd.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Bible thumpers are the biggest turn-off to religion I can possibly imagine. From the sex scandals that permeate the major churches, the rampant sexism and racism, and learning that religion has no bearing on one’s actual morals… in many cases, it enhances their most horrible traits.

As a non-religious person who used to call himself a Christian, it’s painful to see, because churches can and do offer lots of good to their community, especially thriving smaller neighborhood churches. Daycares, activities and events for kids, renting out their space free of charge for other social service groups and events…

But the willingness of these folks to make others live under their ideal fantasies and then painting themselves as victims when people have different values or moral codes makes me ill.

I’ve heard GOP rat bastards talk of “church in schools” a lot since the recent mass shootings, and it really irks me because it’s just more garbage with no basis in reality and it’s a call-back to the days of undisputed white rule in America. Pretty sure lynchings, racism, Jim Crow and all that jazz was around back then to. So is it the lack of prayer in schools, or the rhetoric these bozos use that makes people like the Buffalo shooter upset that those “good old days” happened before his time, and he sees it as his goal to “Make America Great Again”?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
my wifes parents keep going about church in schools. we tell them that there is more then one religion and no one one can agree with it. what version of christianity should be taught??? is it ok if JW version is taught??? they just mumble how kids need god. its funny how they are so hung ho about the second amendment and how its their right but they toss the 1st amendment under the bus.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Bible thumpers are the biggest turn-off to religion I can possibly imagine. From the sex scandals that permeate the major churches, the rampant sexism and racism, and learning that religion has no bearing on one’s actual morals… in many cases, it enhances their most horrible traits.

As a non-religious person who used to call himself a Christian, it’s painful to see, because churches can and do offer lots of good to their community, especially thriving smaller neighborhood churches. Daycares, activities and events for kids, renting out their space free of charge for other social service groups and events…

But the willingness of these folks to make others live under their ideal fantasies and then painting themselves as victims when people have different values or moral codes makes me ill.

I’ve heard GOP rat bastards talk of “church in schools” a lot since the recent mass shootings, and it really irks me because it’s just more garbage with no basis in reality and it’s a call-back to the days of undisputed white rule in America. Pretty sure lynchings, racism, Jim Crow and all that jazz was around back then to. So is it the lack of prayer in schools, or the rhetoric these bozos use that makes people like the Buffalo shooter upset that those “good old days” happened before his time, and he sees it as his goal to “Make America Great Again”?
I was a very religious teenager. I look back at my past self and cringe.

But it was the late 90s-to early 2000s that it all started to turn me off. At church, people started to talk about politics more. If you didn’t support Bush, you couldn’t mention it. If you didn’t want to protest abortions, you weren’t good. If you believed God didn’t create the world in 6 actual days and that evolution is a real thing, you were wrong.

But I thought to myself: I don’t want politics linked to religion; I don’t have a problem with people getting abortions. And I know this anti-evolution stuff is just plain hogwash. Plus, what does any of this have to do with the Bible I’ve been reading since I was a kid?

If you have kids and want them to learn about religion, just be careful to have them go to a church where politics are not tied to the faith. After years only going to church as a paid singer and blowing off the religious aspect, I spent the last few years at a church with multiple wise old people who are adamant, any time it comes up during coffee hour. “no politics at church.” More churches should stick to that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

The GOP's embrace of Christianity gives them the ultimate lazy scapegoat and excuse, Satan. You can't have nice things because Satan. Everybody who isn't a devout Christian is a tool of Satan and everything they try to achieve, even if it might benefit you, is at the behest of Satan. Satan is the orchestrator and only cause of all crime. Alternative views are Satan's views.

Top Bottom
1 2