Not every day that a police chief fakes his own death after stealing drugs from an evidence locker, $8000 from a child leukemia patient,

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
CHADBOURN, N.C. (WECT) - Anthony Spivey, the former Chadbourn police chief who was the subject of a missing person search along the Lumber River this week, was arrested in Horry County, South Carolina early Thursday morning.

According to Columbus County Sheriff Jody Greene, Spivey was located at his aunt’s residence at an apartment complex on Watson Heritage Road in Loris, S.C. An incident report indicates he was trying to hide, submerged in a creek behind the apartment when authorities spotted him. Spivey ran from authorities but was taken into custody after a brief chase and struggle, at approximately 12:45 a.m.

Spivey’s aunt, Brenda Rowele, disputes claims she was harboring a fugitive. She said she didn’t know her nephew had missed a court appearance earlier in the week. Rowele said he called her Sunday night saying he was having marriage problems and considering suicide. She said she told him not to kill himself and said he could stay with her for a couple of nights. She said she was shocked when authorities showed up at her apartment early Thursday morning looking for him.

“I was told different stories, but I do know and I will state to the fact that he is not no drug addict like they say he is. Columbus County cops is doing him wrong,” Rowele said of her nephew’s legal troubles.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Spivey’s aunt, Brenda Rowele, disputes claims she was harboring a fugitive.

“I was told different stories, but I do know and I will state to the fact that he is not no drug addict like they say he is. Columbus County cops is doing him wrong,” Rowele said of her nephew’s legal troubles.
Got to love that double negative. 😁

Top Bottom
1 2