DSCF0875.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
NYC impromptu street portrait of Louis Mendez. He's seen and photographed a lot in NYC over many years. I met and chatted with him in front of B&H (my favorite camera and tech store).

Louis Mendes.jpg

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
NYC impromptu street portrait of Louis Mendez. He's seen and photographed a lot in NYC over many years. I met and chatted with him in front of B&H (my favorite camera and tech store).

View attachment 17870
Worked at the original Barnes & Noble on 5th Avenue. He would stop in regularly and talk with the Security manager who's an avid photog as well. He would constantly get mobbed by tourists/fans that heard of him.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Very nice, my kind of shot.

We were walking across the street into Bryant Park, from this super cool bookstore that has a HUGE inventory of manga/Asian comic, collectables (like the whole 3rd floor), it's usually a madhouse when we go in, but it's super cool, and the daughter is really into it. I happen to notice we were in the street and there was nobody else near us, no cars visible in the more narrow FOV (there are some on edges edited out).

I post it before, but the same trip where I took this (not staged, apple sitting on a table in Bryant park just like I found it ...)

IMG_0713_1920.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This is an impromptu street portrait of a couple of guys who own a boxing gym in NYC. Wish I remembered their names.

When out engaging people I always carried a notebook to snag details such as that. But over the years, and being a notebook junkie always trying out different kinds, they're scattered about and packed in boxes somewhere.

NYC Boxers.jpg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
sorry, not really in focus. from my broken f100. have a roll with some new nyc photos to send out whenever i get organized to get to the film store, maybe tomorrow.

Web_September_16_2021_001.jpg

portra 400.

Top Bottom
1 2