One million Americans have already cast 2020 vote in ‘historic’ early voting surge

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Voters here in NYC cast more than 93K ballots for the first day of early voting. My friend on Staten Island says that most of the people talking on line were planning to vote for Biden-Harris. And tons of younger voters. I think polls may be undercounting younger voters. Amy Siskind brought up this point last week.

Dem voters still need to send in their ballots, early vote and encourage family members and friends to vote as I still see The Mango Turd and the his minions/The GOP attempting to steal this election.
1603672150819.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It'll be interesting to see the numbers from early voting days with eight hours to vote instead of just six for the weekend days. Especially for the couple of days when the voting ends at 8 p.m. A FB acquaintance showed voting location with 100s of people still on line at yesterday's 4 p.m. closing. Just insane!
We're definitely breaking some records, I'm still hoping to hear on election night but there will be so many votes that they count until the polls close. If they call Florida for Trump it will be called that night but that seems unlikely.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have to hope that the voting surge is driven mostly by the sick of The Head Incompetent and Corrupt Liar crowd.

Which reminds me of this sign and how every putrid aspect of Trump is radiated out in an attempt to frame the world around him, and blind his little suckers, stoppering their noses to the reality of his stinking slime. Better put some rubber gloves on too. It’s corrosive, dropping your IQ by 70%.

A042D05F-FB06-47CB-9934-4B9060D714FE.jpeg
My suggestion

Last edited:
U

User.45

I have to hope that the voting surge is driven mostly by the sick of The Head Incompetent and Corrupt Liar crowd.

Which reminds me of this sign and how every putrid aspect of Trump is radiated out in an attempt to frame the world around him, and blind his little suckers, stoppering their noses to the reality of his stinking slime. Better put some rubber gloves on too. It’s corrosive, dropping your IQ by 70%.

Today I saw the first Trump flag in my quintessential "infested", corrupt (that's actually quantifiably true), Democrat run city. I'd say I respect the boldness but also the person's not gonna be popular in the neighborhood.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Today I saw the first Trump flag in my quintessential "infested", corrupt (that's actually quantifiably true), Democrat run city. I'd say I respect the boldness but also the person's not gonna be popular in the neighborhood.
Exactly, I don't see the point in letting my neighbors know my political leanings, whether through signs or posting on the Nextdoor app.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My fantasy for election night is that we get the result, I stick my head out the window of my downtown domicile letting out a loud “whooo hooo!”, informing dozens of neighbors about my political leanings.
My hope as well, they called it for Trump in 2016 before like 10:00, if they can't do it this time around I think we're in trouble, even with the early voting considered.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly, I don't see the point in letting my neighbors know my political leanings, whether through signs or posting on the Nextdoor app.
A neighbor, with a white beard almost to his belly has been pestering me to put up a Biden sign. No thanks, not in Texas. Of note he’s pro-life and was a Republican, as in recently. His yard is plastered with Biden signs and he’s been on a one man campaign to get the neighborhood plastered with them. Actually I am surprised how many there are and secondly how few Slime Ball Signs are up, like the Jesus is My Lord, Trump is My President sign I already posted. On my street there are 3-4 Trump signs and 10-13 Biden signs. Keep in mind that Harris County, Texas, where Houston is located is one of the Democratic strongholds In the State.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping this surge is reminiscent of the 2018 Midterms: Dem results were much better than the polling. With higher early voting, easier absentee voting and no infighting among Dems, The Mango Turd will need as many deplorable on Election Day to have any chance. I still won't take anything for granted. The GOP will do anything to stay in power.

U

User.45

I finally voted. Not that it really matters, my state is as blue as the summer sky..

Just to clarify, early in person voting started yesterday in my state, hence the finally. I've been anxiously waiting for this moment since 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I finally voted. Not that it really matters, my state is as blue as the summer sky..

Actually, it does matter, it always matters, it always has mattered, irrespective of whether you are in the majority or belong to a barely tolerated minority.

And, I need hardly remind you whether it is a summer sky blue state or a screaming rubicund red state, there are people in your country who would happily turn the clock back and deny you citizenship, query your humanity and deprive you of the right to cast a ballot.

They need to be challenged, disagreed with, contested, disputed and resisted by every possible legal means and method.

Last edited:
U

User.45

Actually, it does matter, it always matters, it always has mattered, irrespective of whether you are in the majority or belong to a barely tolerated minority.

And, I need hardly remind you whether it is a summer sky blue state or a screaming rubicund red state, there are people in your country who would happily turn the clock back and deny you citizenship, query your humanity and deprive you of the right to cast a ballot.

They need to be challenged, disagreed with, contested, disputed and resisted by every possible legal means and method.
I agree, it was just the expression of my displeasure with the electoral system. The thought that a person's vote from Wyoming holds multiple times the value of mine really angers me. I understand why the Senate was designed the way it is, so smaller states interests are not neglected, but the electoral college should be abolished. Or if we stick with it, there needs to be a way that guarantees that my vote is not inferior to others'.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let’s face it. We lost 2016 because of a record low turnout. That’s a fact. The media made claims that Hillary was a slammed dunk deal. 98% chance of being elected. A lot of people went, meh... what’s the point of me voting. She’s got this... Every vote counts and I think people are finally realizing this. Biden will win. Trump would have lost 2016 if we just had 1-3% higher turnout in key states. This time, we’re seeing record turnout.

We all must vote. Every single one of us!

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I agree, it was just the expression of my displeasure with the electoral system. The thought that a person's vote from Wyoming holds multiple times the value of mine really angers me. I understand why the Senate was designed the way it is, so smaller states interests are not neglected, but the electoral college should be abolished. Or if we stick with it, there needs to be a way that guarantees that my vote is not inferior to others'.

What should really anger you even more is why their vote has more “value“ relative to us. Slavery. That’s the main reason why we have an electoral collage. The idea was that since slaves, who are property and not people and therefore have no right to vote, still contribute economic input on behalf of the white owners. Therefore, that value must be represented. Thus, we have the system we have. There were other reasons and this one is often swept under the rug. It’s an uncomfortable issue to discuss and the poor white folks in the south have been through enough already. Let’s not make them uncomfortable :rolleyes:

Also, why the hell are we still holding elections on Tuesday?

It all made sense back in the 1800’s. Saturday and Sunday were the rest days. Monday you‘d get the farm ready for the week and plan the buggy ride. Tuesday you’d go to town or county to vote and be back before market day on Wednesday. The rest of the civilized world‘s democracies almost all vote on the weekend, when vast majority of population is off work.

Top Bottom
1 2