One month later - 2021 iPad 12.9

U

User.191

Have I seen blooming? Why yes, yes I have. At night, in the dark, when watching a movie.

Has it convinced me that this iPad is one of the worst devices Apple have created?

Hell no!

Am I dissapointed that there’s no Mac like features for it in iPadOS 15?

No, not realy. I brought it for everything I knew at the time of purhase. I didn’t buy into any of the hype that others spewed out and championed on MR.

I went for the 256GB Cellular model with The Black Magic Keyboard and it’s been nothing short of superb. The fact my Pencil is charged now all the time makes note taking so much easier, and the keyboard is an absolute joy to type with. In addition the keyboard positions the iPad perfectly for the various Zoom meetings I have on it; Espiecally with Center Stage turned on which allows Zoom to keep me in frame no matter how much I may fidget.

A few things I did do to make it even more functional was:

1) Grabbed a $10 T-Mobile 5 month pass to allow me to see how useful I’d find the cellular features. If it doesn’t work out for now then it’s but $10.
2) Loaded up Zoho Assist - this works well for both my home and work MacBooks and has allowed me to even do some .Net, Java and Python development on it. 5 devices are free - my favorite price!
3) Got Royal TS configured to allow me to connect to the backend servers which now means that when shit hits in the middle of the night I can just connect directly with the iPad and Magic Keyboard instead of going downstairs. The 12.9” screen and Magic Keyboard combo now makes this a realistic option for me.

I came from a much older but still fully functional iPad Pro 9.7”. That’s now been relagated to being a primary media and games device which suits my workflow even better.

In short, despite numerous people beating at their chest and wailing just how terrible this device is, for me, it’s close to perfect. In fact hardware wise I can’t complain about any of it and software wise I’d find being able to do some level of direct development on it to nail it - but that’s a desire, more than a want or a need.

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
I haven't had an iPad since like iPad2 I think. Between work needing citrix and school work, I had to have a laptop at least. Now that school is over for me and almost over for my son, the question is, does Citrix work on the iPad pro? Do you know?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I haven't had an iPad since like iPad2 I think. Between work needing citrix and school work, I had to have a laptop at least. Now that school is over for me and almost over for my son, the question is, does Citrix work on the iPad pro? Do you know?
There are official Citrix apps for iPad. I personally have not used them though.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am running iPad OS 15 beta on the 3rd-gen 12.9 iPad Pro. I found a weird bug today (yes I sent it in). In Mail, you get suggested calendar items if it sees a date in the email. Very convenient! But something is slightly off with this picture:

PNG image.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I am running iPad OS 15 beta on the 3rd-gen 12.9 iPad Pro. I found a weird bug today (yes I sent it in). In Mail, you get suggested calendar items if it sees a date in the email. Very convenient! But something is slightly off with this picture:

View attachment 7028

Heh. Is there a heads-up alarm option for certain (or all) events? [ I use calendar now in a very rudimentary fashion. ]

Siri's giving you a little time at almost the last minute to scour the net for an e-card and have some delivery service drop off half a sheet cake...

Top Bottom
1 2