Open season on Trump?

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
So everyone is lining up to flip Trump the bird it seems.

Deutsche Bank…
PGA…
Twitter…
Facebook…

While I am very happy for this, I do have to ask though, "What took them so long?"

It's all very easy to go and poke a caged and increasingly toothless maneater once it is in a cage. Not so much when it is rampaging freely… that would have shown real balls.

Anyway. Better late than never, I guess.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just saw him give comments and he saw zero problem with what he did, says that many thought it was perfect blah blah blah. The only way he will be stopped is if serious action is taken against him, anyone who thinks he "learned a lesson" is on something.

Fuck him, he's earned every bit of this.

U

User.45

It's all very easy to go and poke a caged and increasingly toothless maneater once it is in a cage. Not so much when it is rampaging freely… that would have show
Just saw him give comments and he saw zero problem with what he did, says that many thought it was perfect blah blah blah. The only way he will be stopped is if serious action is taken against him, anyone who thinks he "learned a lesson" is on something.

His followers be like:
"He gave up so much to be our president. He's not in it for the money! You can see, he's lost a fortune just to serve us. He's a good person; America doesn't deserve him."

I wish this were an exaggeration...AZ Trump fans were saying shit like this in Nov.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram

I think you completely missed my point.

He deserves every bit of shit.

I was wondering why it took these companies so long to act.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So everyone is lining up to flip Trump the bird it seems.

Deutsche Bank…
PGA…
Twitter…
Facebook…

While I am very happy for this, I do have to ask though, "What took them so long?"

It's all very easy to go and poke a caged and increasingly toothless maneater once it is in a cage. Not so much when it is rampaging freely… that would have shown real balls.

Anyway. Better late than never, I guess.

Deutsche Bank has its own ongoing problems... just agreed to shell out for another one of its multimillion dollar deferred prosecution agreements w/ the feds over assorted bad bookkeeping or know your customer or flat bribery "issues" with its conduct of biz...

Probably not in the mood to realize that their chance of picking up what's owed them from Trump daily becomes slim to none even if they just airmailed him a "we are calling our loans just a tad early" note.

Almost all of the payout relates to charges Deutsche Bank violated the federal Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) over its dealings in Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, China and Italy, court papers show. Nearly two-thirds of the payout is a criminal fine.

The settlements were made public on Friday at a hearing in the federal court in Brooklyn, New York.

"Deutsche Bank engaged in a criminal scheme to conceal payments to so-called consultants worldwide who served as conduits for bribes to foreign officials and others," in order to win and retain "lucrative business projects," Acting U.S. Attorney Seth DuCharme in Brooklyn said in a statement.

A bank spokesman said, "We take responsibility for these past actions," which occurred from 2008 to 2017, following "thorough" internal probes and full cooperation with authorities.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I want to see him and his family broom-sweeping parking lots for minimum wage – though they would probably find a way to fuck that up.

No, they'd find a way to screw it up, and then blame their employers, while throwing colleagues under the proverbial bus.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I don't know whether any of you have read about the plans for Mr Pompeo's final trip to Europe, which are now cancelled.

In the wake of last Wednesday's dramatic events, the Foreign Minister of Luxembourg (a tiny, but exceedingly wealthy founder member of the EU which is also a member of NATO, - when I studied & taught such stuff, it had the highest per capita income in all of the EU), declined to meet Mr Pompeo, (while their Foreign Minister also robustly criticising what happened last week), while EU officials and NATO officials were also unavailable for meetings which were supposed to have been held in Brussels, once Mr Pompeo had travelled there from Luxembourg.

In the light of this, citing the task of arranging the forthcoming transition, the State Dept has cancelled this final, farewell trip to Europe.

lizkat

Reaction score
It keeps getting better and better

Interesting how on the night of Jan 6th after order was restored in the Capitol complex, Lindsey Graham says on the floor of the Senate during the resumed proceedings that this is too much this is the end, it's over... and he wouldn't vote to object to electoral vote counts

But it's not THAT "over", I guess. Today he shows up on Air Force One going with Trump to the border appearance.

What, as a babysitter? God knows they're running low on those.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
It keeps getting better and better

Graham probably saw the infamous video of Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes inserting a buttplug on live tv to own the libs and was enquiring about joining the group.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Interesting how on the night of Jan 6th after order was restored in the Capitol complex, Lindsey Graham says on the floor of the Senate during the resumed proceedings that this is too much this is the end, it's over... and he wouldn't vote to object to electoral vote counts

But it's not THAT "over", I guess. Today he shows up on Air Force One going with Trump to the border appearance.

What, as a babysitter? God knows they're running low on those.

I read (in The Guardian, I think), that this is not the Alamo of history, but a different Alamo, soe distance away.

Has Mr Trump (unkind thoughts re The Four Seasons cross my mind) checked (or, rather, have his remaining minions - those that haven't fled, jumped ship, or been fired) that this is the right and correct (in the circumstances) Alamo?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I read (in The Guardian, I think), that this is not the Alamo of history, but a different Alamo, some distance away.
The Alamo is an adobe fort (historical site for tourists) in downtown San Antonio. Individual-ONE went to the town of Alamo, a suburb of McAllen TX, which is on the Rio Grande (border river) about 50-some miles from the Gulf (very southern Texas).

San Antonio is nearly 400 miles north of McAllen and is itself about 100 miles from the nearest part of the Mexican border. Curiously, the way-southern part of Texas is extremely solid blue.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
Meanwhile now it's a thing for GOP House members to resist Capitol Police checking reps through the metal detectors, and in some cases they are backing off. Louie Gohmert walked around it. Apparently the redoubtable Congressperson Boebert of Colorado aka the glock lady was eventually permitted to enter the House chamber with a bag that had set off the alarm and she refused to let them look in it. Big argument; the cops caved. WTF? And she is not the only one. I am tired of these theatrics really, but mostly because not sure they are even theatrics.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349168582652030978/

Top Bottom
1 2