Open season on Trump?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
No, indeed. It's just that when I read stuff like this I have to take pause to make sure I am not going down some conspiratorial rabbit hole. This sort of stuff takes a while to process the implications

Look on page 4 in the Amazon response to Parler lawsuit. Very first quoted threat that Amazon cited as examples of threats Parler did not promptly respond to reports by Amazon as being in violation of terms of contract for the hosting service was this one

“Fry’em up. The whole fkn crew. #pelosi #aoc #thesquad #soros #gates #chuckschumer #hrc #obama #adamschiff #blm #antifa we are coming for you and you will know it."​

lizkat

Reaction score
some were allegedly given tours

Yeah and by some members of Congress, as alleged by a witnessing member of Congress. She has not publicly identified them yet, which is understandable but presumably the Dem leadership at least has been notified so they can take it up with whomever they trust at DoJ.

I find that just... chilling.

U

User.45

So much bullshit, my brain is saturated. At least a few Republicans were eloquent in expressing 2-3 actually reasonable points. That's just too little for the amount of time they've spoken.

"Obviously standard hyperbole"

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Okay, Mike, here’s the easy way out: Congress appoints commission > You resign early > Pelosi becomes VP > 25th goes into effect.
This does not happen, though. When Spiro Agnew resigned in '74, Tip O'Neill did not become VP: Nixon appointed Leslie Lynch King Jr., the Senate approved the nomination, and he became the first President to never win in a national election.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This does not happen, though. When Spiro Agnew resigned in '74, Tip O'Neill did not become VP: Nixon appointed Leslie Lynch King Jr., the Senate approved the nomination, and he became the first President to never win in a national election.
I thought that Richard Nixon appointed Gerald Ford as his VP after the resignation of Spiro Agnew, making Ford the first president not to have been elected as either the VP or President.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
I thought that Richard Nixon appointed Gerald Ford as his VP after the resignation of Spiro Agnew, making Ford the first president not to have been elected as either the VP or President.

Yeah that is Jerry Ford, Yousef is just making life complicated...🤪

Agnew resigned in '73 but not over Watergate related matters, rather a tax scandal of his own making. So the situation at the time of Ford's accession to the Vice Presidency was not quite the same as when a President is having to step down or face impeachment and may then do so and the VP would step up and if unable to serve then #3 in succession, Speaker of the House becomes the President.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Wouldn't he be the 2nd president to never win an election, after John Quincy Adams?

From what I could see, John Quincey Adams had earlier served as a Senator, a position to which I assume he had been elected, albeit under the exceedingly limited franchise of the time.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Wouldn't he be the 2nd president to never win an election, after John Quincy Adams?
Very slight difference: JQA was elevated to the office of President in the Constitutionally prescribed manner, by a vote of the states in the House of Representatives (each state having one vote) as opposed to the VP vacancy filled by appointment by the President and confirmation by the Senate. At least Adams had run in a national presidential election prior to the vote (which, curiously, wikipedia shows having a 26.9% voter turnout).

lizkat

Reaction score
Shall we discuss what’s going on here?

Uh, okay... pretty much like the raw footage that a foreign terrorist takes to edit later and use as internal critiques, recruitment and training videos.

Meanwhile if someone is thinking to double down on the "drill" that was 1/6, I would suggest they have a look at how things have changed in the meantime .. and that's just if they ever managed to get past perimeter defenses which are definitely different this week compared to last. Anyway inside the Capitol now there are a whole of National Guardsmen and their water, food and other supplies.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1349386390291828744/

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed.

Until stability (and profits) were under threat, they felt no pressing, or compelling, imperative, to move.

Exactly. This isn't about them suddenly finding morality. Before Trump was a problem but still President and all the power and influence that has. Now he's just extremely bad for business.

Hate to say it, but the 1/6 insurrection has a lot of silver linings for a lot of people. Without it his insanity would just continue and continue to have influence.

Top Bottom
1 2