Overzealous profanity filter bans paleontologists from talking about bones

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Something a bit lighter.

Ah, you gotta laugh sometimes. šŸ˜„
I come from a more innocent age, so I do find this really funny.

Overzealous profanity filter bans paleontologists from talking about bones
Participants in a virtual paleontology session found themselves caught between a rock and a hard place last week, when a profanity filter prevented them from using certain words ā€“ such as bone, pubic, stream and, er, beaver ā€“ during an online conference.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
One of the funniest movies of all time IMO. Of course I liked that really bad movie with Larry the cable guy where he farted through most of it so you may want to take my reviews with a grain of salt.
Naked Gun is one of the best. A true classic.

BBEEEAAAVVVEEERRRR!
šŸ˜„

That is brilliant, and utterly, wonderfully, ludicrous.
Reminds me of schoolboys looking up "naughty" words in a dictionary. šŸ™‚

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. That scene in ā€œNaked Gunā€ where Priscilla Presley climbs a ladder and Leslie Nielsen looks (supposedly) up her skirt and says, ā€œNice beaver!ā€...

I remember thinking thatā€™s not funny, thatā€™s just tacky...until she hands him down an actual stuffed beaver. šŸ˜„ Clever way to render an otherwise offensive gag harmless.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
LOL. That scene in ā€œNaked Gunā€ where Priscilla Presley climbs a ladder and Leslie Nielsen looks (supposedly) up her skirt and says, ā€œNice beaver!ā€...

I remember thinking thatā€™s not funny, thatā€™s just tacky...until she hands him down an actual stuffed beaver. šŸ˜„ Clever way to render an otherwise offensive gag harmless.
And when he says to her "I saw some pictures today" and her first reaction was "I was young and needed the work". :LOL:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And when she starts this slow, seductive walk down the stairs...and falls down the rest of them. You didnā€™t even see the fall on screen and it was still freaking hilarious. šŸ˜‚

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I have seen some ridiculous censorship on one of the local-tv movie channels (though I think it is part of a network of some kind). I was watching To Have and Have Not wherein Hoagy Carmichael is singing this song that went "Let me tell you a story about a very unfortunate [redacted] man in old Hong Kong ..." (no bleep, it was just an audio dropout). So I had to go find the song, and it turns out the offensive word was "colored". On another occasion, my cousin glanced up at the closed captions to see "RAXXXX" (a ring-tailed forest creature).

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Many years ago when kids started using the Internet, programs monitoring their usage were popular to protect them.

I installed a program that blocked websites and would prevent her from using her real name or posting her address and other data points I deemed vital.

A few days later she came to me frustrated asking me to loosen the security. Whenever she typed her name on her homework it would replace it with all ā€œXā€s. She had to print it then hand write her name. lol!

Top Bottom
1 2