PA Republicans lose their collective minds

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
They are fighting for their survival. The problem with associating yourself with the mob –well, one of the problems– is that they will push you to do some illegal thing, and from then on, you'll be tied to them. Now their only way out is to ensure that Trump stays president to save them from being prosecuted from the laws they have broken for him. The only way is forward now, these next two weeks is when you guys should be start being afraid.

Of all the people they could have chosen as their Fuhrer, I'll never understand why they chose him.

Meanwhile, my FIL keeps ranting on about liberals rioting months ago.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So elections don’t matter anymore and we should all just let Trump and his fellow Republicans run the country unchallenged? Coup attempts are rewarded with long prison sentences or execution in other countries. I don’t think we should do that here, but these traitors to America should be punished severely somehow.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I saw this earlier this evening and won't deny that I was (am) stupefied.
Pennsylvania had a majority vote for Biden, but they have a Republican legislature. They are a great example of why we need to end gerrymandering.

One of the grossest examples is using prisons to assist in gerrymandering. The prisoners count as population but they cannot vote... pretty sick to use something like that to your party’s advantage.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
So elections don’t matter anymore and we should all just let Trump and his fellow Republicans run the country unchallenged? Coup attempts are rewarded with long prison sentences or execution in other countries. I don’t think we should do that here, but these traitors to America should be punished severely somehow.
If these traitors are not prosecuted, they will try again in two or four years.
If they are prosecuted, there will be an armed revolt by all the maga idiots.
Good luck.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

I have a feeling how it will be handled will depend in part on how the pro-Trump members of Congress comport themselves after the new administration takes the reins.

Probably Biden would like to see a quiet time during which the USA gets used to a head of state who does not govern by whim and make divisive attacks via social media every day.

And of course it could matter hugely how these Senate races turn out in Georgia.

I don't think the new administration will want to waste political capital at the outset on something that is only going to harden hyperpartisan tendencies already too prevalent. And... unless the filibuster is finally killed, there is still the need to round up 60 votes in the Senate to obtain cloture of debate on key legislation aside from appointment confirmations.

Yeah, the nearly treasonous and actually treasonous players from the Trump era must be punished. But "revenge is a dish best served cold." Best revenge is for the Democrats to persuade American voters of the value of their legislative proposals. They can't just "message" their way there. They have to get votes from across the aisle in the Senate.

Biden knows better than to write off the people who voted for Trump (the way Trump wrote off whoever didn't vote for him). So he can't start out by saying "first we're gonna hammer on the people you elected to Congress if you elected a Republican..."

But it's not like Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer just fell off a turnip truck on their way to leadership posts in Congress. There are lots of ways to fix the wagons of a bunch of schmucks in either one of those chambers, especially when the leadership of the opposition in the Senate was not a fan of Trump's "president for life" circus to begin with.

Top Bottom
1 2