Parler about to be blocked from appstore

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I saw a story today about an occupational therapist in the Cleveland school system who resigned after she was caught in photos as one of the Capitol Hill rioters.

Here she is in one of the photos being circulated.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.17.05 PM.png

Turns out she sounds like an anti-vaxxer and Q-Anon adherent.

fb0fe76a-459f-4862-a1b8-042681e24b79_1140x641.png
What has this got to do with the topic? Well, it's my belief that people like this have no business being around school children or the education system.

Enough of this. Choke out every single one of their accounts. Cruz, Hawley, all of the Q nuts, freeze them out of Twitter, Facebook, etc. Choke Parler. Make it hard to find and run, not some easily-downloaded thing you can find on an app store. Declare Q, MAGA, Proud Boys and the like to be terrorist groups, which means anyone found espousing this poison can't get a job.

Enough already.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I saw a story today about an occupational therapist in the Cleveland school system who resigned after she was caught in photos as one of the Capitol Hill rioters.

What has this got to do with the topic? Well, it's my belief that people like this have no business being around school children or the education system.

Enough of this. Choke out every single one of their accounts. Cruz, Hawley, all of the Q nuts, freeze them out of Twitter, Facebook, etc. Choke Parler. Make it hard to find and run, not some easily-downloaded thing you can find on an app store. Declare Q, MAGA, Proud Boys and the like to be terrorist groups, which means anyone found espousing this poison can't get a job.

Enough already.
Losing a job should be the LEAST of these terrorists’ problems. Every last one of them NEEDS to be arrested. We cannot allow this behavior to go unpunished.

lizkat

Reaction score
What's Josh Hawley gonna do without Parler to help amplify his whine about his cancelled book contract?

And what's he gonna do about the fact he doesn't even have any friends in the Senate?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1347705118804865025/

I read that piece in the WSJ. Not a good sign for political prospects when 14 paragraphs into a news article about a prominent politician, the reporter apparently starts cribbing bits from material that would ordinarily appear in the person's obituary...

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
What's Josh Hawley gonna do without Parler to help amplify his whine about his cancelled book contract?

And what's he gonna do about the fact he doesn't even have any friends in the Senate?

I read that piece in the WSJ. Not a good sign for political prospects when 14 paragraphs into a news article about a prominent politician, the reporter apparently starts cribbing bits from material that would ordinarily appear in the person's obituary...
They were far more decent than I am.

I would have pushed his ass out there, and told the crowd the truth.

"He's with you"

Later on when he's caught on video storming around the capital, we could look forward to his visit by the FBI.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

How To Win Friends and Influence People, eh?

Here's a companion piece:

A former communications director for Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, Amanda Carpenter, sharply criticized the Texas lawmaker today for his role in supporting President Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election and incite the attack on the Capitol.

"The new Ted Cruz, post-Trump, is one I don't recognize," said Carpenter, who is a CNN contributor. "I can surmise he thinks he's a smart lawyer who can parse his his way out of it, and in his mind he has some kind of rational but that's just not believable."

Not that Cruz was ever well liked to begin with...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
How To Win Friends and Influence People, eh?

Here's a companion piece:

Not that Cruz was ever well liked to begin with...
Cruz has always sought the spotlight at any cost. This time, he may have found a specific spotlight that is too hot to bear.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score

Enough already.
She's one huge nutcase.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The free market has spoken, Republicans should be having a party and celebrating the success of these large corporations.
From the looks of things, one of the few platforms you can freely post racist, misogynistic, anti-immigrant, pro-violent rhetoric to now is MacRumors. You can see the terrorist sympathizers like moths to the flame in the Parler thread.

lizkat

Reaction score
The free market has spoken, Republicans should be having a party and celebrating the success of these large corporations.

Republicans in fact have been having a party: the RNC's winter gathering...

[ A bubble-wrapped gathering is how I would put it. There was apparently some private grumbling about Trump's handling of stuff related to the Capitol incursion but there were also a lot of equivalency-rationalizing remarks, and dismissal of impact on the GOP ]

The fealty to Mr. Trump was made plain on Friday when the state chairs and the committeemen and women who make up the R.N.C.’s governing board unanimously re-elected Ms. McDaniel, Mr. Trump’s handpicked chair. They also reappointed her co-chair, Tommy Hicks, who was first appointed to his post because of his friendship with the president’s eldest son.

Mr. Trump is the first president since Herbert Hoover to preside over the loss of the White House, the House and the Senate in a single term and will be the first since Andrew Johnson to boycott his successor’s inauguration. That hasn’t yet fazed the Republican rank and file.

As for the president’s own denial about his loss, she [McDaniel] did not rebut the conspiracy theories he has pushed, and that the party’s base has echoed.

Addressing the Republican “grass roots,” she vowed to work with state legislatures to “make sure what we saw in this election never happens again.”

Ms. McDaniel went on to criticize the effort by House Democrats to withdraw gender-specific words like “wife” and “husband” from the rule book governing the chamber.

The standing ovation she received was a reminder that disdain for the left’s perceived excesses is the most animating, and unifying, force on the right. This brand of oppositional politics could help paper over Republicans’ challenges when they run as the out-of-power party next year.

David Bossie, one of Mr. Trump’s advisers and the Maryland committeeman, insisted that the party’s losses had been on the margins.

“You don’t have to throw out everybody when there’s nothing fundamentally wrong,” Mr. Bossie said.

A handful of committee members, however, believe more reflection is desperately needed, particularly after this week. “We’re whistling past the graveyard,” said Henry Barbour, the Mississippi committeeman, who called Mr. Trump’s conduct before the riot “totally unacceptable.”

Few of his counterparts, though, would criticize the president. Asked if Mr. Trump was still the effective leader of the G.O.P., the Wyoming Republican chair, Frank Eathorne, said, “The way Wyoming sees it, yes.”

Top Bottom
1 2