Parler about to be blocked from appstore

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Dateline November 8, 2021:

The controversial social app known as Parler emerged from federal bankruptcy court today after being purchased by a team of former users. The newly renamed app will be known as Twatter. Two of the investors, known only by their handles “maflynn” and “weaselboy”, promised to provide quality moderation of content.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Uncensored Republicans, what could possibly go wrong?

ErVoWPkXUAA0wHj

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
If this is true...
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1348558563019427842/

The part that made my jaw drop...
ErcKmbmU0AApFwf

People loaded copies of their driver's licenses?

People have wondered how this current administration could be inept at so much, ...it's literally the people they run with...

This band gives no shits past their own selfishness, owning libs, and spreading more bullshit that they'd compromise themselves.

Last edited:

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
If this is true...

ErcKmbmU0AApFwf

People have wondered how this current administration could inept at so much, ...it's literally the people they run with...

This band gives no shits past their own selfishness, owning libs, and spreading more bullshit that they'd compromise themselves.
Oh it is true. I’m hearing it discussed in techie circles.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
As far as I know, IRC is still a thing, and each channel has its own moderators. There is also: making your own website with a comments section, Usenet, email lists, writing letters, calling people on the phone, hanging out together in person, etc, etc.

We have more ways to communicate than ever before. Politicians generally don’t have a huge imagination nor any awareness of how technology works.

Of course if you are convinced that Twitter and Facebook are the only places you can communicate, you could always try doing so within their terms of service, just like EVERY OTHER USER HAS TO!

Maybe not, but usually, they will have enthusiastic staff - such as young interns (or, in my case, when I worked abroad, bright young interpreters and drivers, and bright youngsters on the techie staff) who do.

Two superb posts, @lizkat, on the previous page of this thread, Nos 78, and 80.

U

User.45

Read this morning that somebody archived all the posts on parlor (terabytes) on the day of the capitol attack up to when the site went down. They are open to the FBI using it to track people down.
It's gonna be a fun mining material. But if the FBI didn't already have it archived, they are as competent as those staffing Capitol security on Jan 6th...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's gonna be a fun mining material. But if the FBI didn't already have it archived, they are as competent as those staffing Capitol security on Jan 6th...

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI, especially under Trump, was mostly looking for this type thing on the dark web while these idiots are perfectly fine incriminating themselves in the open on popular social media and are probably too dumb and lazy to even try to find the dark web. They probably even think whatever they blab to their friends, family, and followers should be legally off-limits to law enforcement like they first need to accept a surveillance request. "I didn't even know they were looking at me because they didn't send me a "FBI wants to be your friend" request. Even if they did get a request from the FBI they probably would have approved it because they want to up their follower count.

U

User.45

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI, especially under Trump, was mostly looking for this type thing on the dark web while these idiots are perfectly fine incriminating themselves in the open on popular social media and are probably too dumb and lazy to even try to find the dark web. They probably even think whatever they blab to their friends, family, and followers should be legally off-limits to law enforcement like they first need to accept a surveillance request. "I didn't even know they were looking at me because they didn't send me a "FBI wants to be your friend" request. Even if they did get a request from the FBI they probably would have approved it because they want to up their follower count.
In this era of mass surveillance the only question is how many agencies have this type of data. I think what these idiots achieve is enabling their own surveillance by bodies without federal resources.

U

User.45

This reminds me. Semi off-topic. Was looking around on r/Conservative and the only major legitimate point they've made what a national security risk the breach was. Federal agencies are nearly paranoid (probably justified) about spying, but the breach allowed direct physical access to anyone, including spies to federal computer networks. It is an unbelievable risky thing. Imagine keylogger devices installed during the chaos for example.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This reminds me. Semi off-topic. Was looking around on r/Conservative and the only major legitimate point they've made what a national security risk the breach was. Federal agencies are nearly paranoid (probably justified) about spying, but the breach allowed direct physical access to anyone, including spies to federal computer networks. It is an unbelievable risky thing. Imagine keylogger devices installed during the chaos for example.
As I've said before that was a worry online with the photos of the guy at Pelosi's desk.

At the same time, a rumor of another cyber ( I assume false ) attack was flying around for a short time.

Which is why the questions about protection strategies & how easy it was to get in got so much notice. While the right was screaming that it was ANTIFA, security experts were worried about enemies of the state mingling with that crowd going into congressional offices freely.

Once again reminding everyone that the law & order president, has been the shittiest at protecting the country's most private interests.

U

User.45

If this is true...

ErcKmbmU0AApFwf

People have wondered how this current administration could inept at so much, ...it's literally the people they run with...

I wonder, maybe it takes actual expertise to safely maintain a site like this...:D

U

User.45

As I've said before that was a worry online with the photos of the guy at Pelosi's desk.

At the same time, a rumor of another cyber ( I assume false ) attack was flying around for a short time.

Which is why the questions about protection strategies & how easy it was to get in got so much notice. While the right was screaming that it was ANTIFA, security experts were worried about enemies of the state mingling with that crowd going into congressional offices freely.

Once again reminding everyone that the law & order president, has been the shittiest at protecting the country's most private interests.
Pelosi's laptop was stolen. But they'll have to destroy all the tech equipment they had there IMHO...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I wonder, maybe it takes actual expertise to safely maintain a site like this...:D
Everything related to the last 4 years with the vaguest of ties to 45, is just unqualified people who are smart enough to see that there's an easy buck to be made off of 45 supporters.

U

User.45

Everything related to the last 4 years with the vaguest of ties to 45, is just unqualified people who are smart enough to see that there's an easy buck to be made off of 45 supporters.
I see low-pass filters everywhere.

Top Bottom
1 2