Photo of Biden welcoming VP Pence "for a smooth, seamless transition of power" from 2016

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Showing how it's supposed to be done.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/796853101978390532/

biedn-i.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Oh my god. I can only imagine how that reptile of a Pence must have recoiled at the touch.

But yes, whatever else they may have been, or not, the Obama/Biden team had class and decency by the bucket loads.

I saw a lovely photograph - when President Obama was still in the White House - of President Obama bending down to allow a small black boy - who had been thrilled that the president was someone who resembled him in appearance, someone who looked a bit like him - to touch his hair.

Even bending down - in the White House - to permit an overjoyed child to touch his hair, Barack Obama exuded class, decency, dignity and a genuine love of life, and enhanced - rather than reduced or traduced - the dignity of his office by showing that it was both "of the people" and "for the people" and that by the words "the people", he genuinely meant all of the people of the United States, not just wealthy white males.

Last edited:

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
I saw a lovely photograph - when President Obama was still in the White House - of President Obama bending down to allow a small black boy - who had been thrilled that the president was someone who resembled him in appearance, someone who looked a bit like him - to touch his hair.

Even bending down to permit an overjoyed child to touch his hair, Barack Obama exuded class, decency, dignity and a genuine love of life, and enhanced - rather than reduced or traduced - the dignity of his office by showing that it was both "of the people" and "for the people" and that by the words "the people", he genuinely meant all of the people of the United States, not just wealthy white males.
I also recall something like that. Those were the days.

I cannot imagine anyone touching Trump. Let alone "The Hair"™

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I can remember Obama sitting down graciously with Trump to get the ball rolling and thinking, I'll bet it burns Obama's ass to have to sit next to this...toad...and smile.

But he did it.

Obama's administration went to great lengths to prepare for a proper transition and the related meetings, and a lot of the latter never even occurred. The Trump folks just didn't show up. Several agencies' employees did stuff like clear out nice office space and shuffle around their own usual parking lot assignments to reserve parking for the Trump transition team. But no one showed up... after a couple days they started phoning around to each other's offices like "Are they here yet? Are they coming? Should we phone someone?" (per Michael Lewis book The Fifth Risk: Undoing Democracy).

God knows what the formal transition gestures offered by employees in the agencies intentionally gutted by Trump will be like this time when it finally gets off the ground. Maybe just binders full of rolled back regulations left on desks, in case Biden's crew even needed a heads-up like that.

Top Bottom
1 2