Photo of the Day - April 2021

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Had an eye-to-eye encounter with this little guy yesterday! I was actually in the bedroom shooting the freshly budding azaleas through the window (it had just rained and everything was wet, hence the shooting from indoors rather than outdoors) when all of a sudden he arrived and made himself comfy on the azalea bushes.

Seeing Eye to Eye..jpg

U

User.45

Had an eye-to-eye encounter with this little guy yesterday! I was actually in the bedroom shooting the freshly budding azaleas through the window (it had just rained and everything was wet, hence the shooting from indoors rather than outdoors) when all of a sudden he arrived and made himself comfy on the azalea bushes.

View attachment 4455
Impressive level of details! I don't think I've ever noticed the pupil of a sparrow before

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
They are azaleas, but not yet fully bloomed into flowers..... Azaleas and Rhododendrons are similar but I have not yet figured out what exactly the difference is between them. Both emerge in the early Spring, though. I am still waiting for these guys to bloom but they're taking their time, especially since it has been cooler the last couple of days.

Last edited:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
What's wrong with this thread today? All the images are stretched out in a weird way.....

Going to post something just to see what happens. This is an older image as I'm on the other computer while my primary one is busy with copying data between external drives.

Yeah, it looks fine until I actually hit the button to post it and then it becomes distorted, stretched-out as though the alignment of this particular thread has gotten out of whack somehow. ?? I've seen it displayed this way on both of my machines so I don't think it's just me.....

A Burst of Yellow copy.jpeg

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with this thread today? All the images are stretched out in a weird way.....

Going to post something just to see what happens. This is an older image as I'm on the other computer while my primary one is busy with copying data between external drives.

Yeah, it looks fine until I actually hit the button to post it and then it becomes distorted, stretched-out as though the alignment of this particular thread has gotten out of whack somehow. ?? I've seen it displayed this way on both of my machines so I don't think it's just me.....

View attachment 4518
Your right! This image is actually one I'd already posted here and its actually in portrait orientation.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well that's cool as heck, I just got a lame tan bandaid ... :D

Is this your 1st, 2nd or a single dose?
first Madera. I found a Facebook page where they post places with appointments. it was hard to find one here in portland. I found the page Saturday the day I got in the facebook group got the appointment for today. it was only 1.5 miles from my work so I just road there on my bike then home. my legs were rubbery by the time I got home.

Top Bottom
1 2