84966DDD-2B5A-4C59-BBA2-BD8AA52944FC.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
ACK! Well, I did it again, posted an image yesterday in the July thread when in fact it was actually August 1st and I should've started a new August thread. Thanks, Alli, for being more alert than I was! Oh, well, the shot was taken in July, anyway..... LOL!!

So, starting fresh with August, albeit the second day of this shiny new month:

Three Chatting on the Rope.jpeg

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
What are those red bugs, anyway? I don't think we have them around here, or if so I haven't run across any! Tsk, tsk, a threesome: playing with a second would-be lover while being impregnated by the first!!!
Some sort of beetle I think. On that particular night they were everywhere. And all at it!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Dang, almost forgot to post an image for today! Geese occasionally do funny things with their long necks! It almost looks as though he were swallowing a large fish whole, but that wasn't the case, as a moment before his neck was perfectly normal looking, and a moment after I shot this, he resumed his usual neck position as well.....

Doing the Neck Twist.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
We've had and have a lot of sparrows here this spring/summer, too; they still come visiting my deck in futile hopes that there is food here for them. Actually, I think the guy who lives above me may have a feeder or two out on his deck (I can't see from my angle, unfortunately, will have to wait until I'm across the lake where I can get a better vantage point), because several times I've found little piles of what looks like birdseed or something close to it on my deck, and have had to sweep it up and dispose of it. I can understand how the neighbors were annoyed last year when I was feeding the birds......

Top Bottom
1 2