Photo of the Day - December, 2020

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks! Top toolbar (menu), under the banner/header, the one which begins with Forums at the left and then proceeds through New Posts, What's New, Media, etc..... Awards comes right before Chat, which is the last item listed. When you click on it, there is a drop-down menu which describes the categories and number of winners in each. So far I'm the one and only! :D I'm sure that will change quickly as others receive their own awards for various aspects of their participation, too.....

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Was playing around with light and shapes and such.....

Earthy Constellation.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice, so do you develop for them?
Nah, that was at the SoCal NAMM convention that year, just a visitor.

Interestingly the Ableton forum is where I cut my teeth on posting on a subforum completely unrelated to the company that provided it. It was the wild west where it was perfectly acceptable to respond to a post with "kill yourself" and occasionally saying the CEO should eat a dick. I have no idea how it was allowed to go on like that for years before they realized they are a company with a product to sell and therefore shouldn't let the degenerates run amuck on their official forum.

I made several good friends from that forum and went to that NAMM show with one of them. Have to say it was a bit awkward meeting the Ableton bigwigs given my performance on their forum but we had some drinks and good laughs.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Interestingly the Ableton forum is where I cut my teeth on posting on a subforum completely unrelated to the company that provided it. It was the wild west where it was perfectly acceptable to respond to a post with "kill yourself" and occasionally saying the CEO should eat a dick. I have no idea how it was allowed to go on like that for years before they realized they are a company with a product to sell and therefore shouldn't let the degenerates run amuck on their official forum.

I made several good friends from that forum and went to that NAMM show with one of them. Have to say it was a bit awkward meeting the Ableton bigwigs given my performance on their forum but we had some drinks and good laughs.
I drove down from Oregon and attended NAMM in 2006, had a blast. In those days I owned and ran www.guitars101.com and had a lot of active members who were hooked up so I was able to get a pass.

U

User.45

Ableton is still hot but some DAWs are starting to catch up with some of their experimental composing features like the loop grid session view.
Is it pathetic that I still remember what I eyed that year at NAMM? (Never got to buy it...didn't need it anyway...).
Logic did a pretty good job integrating the loop grid session in the Summer update.
Too bad I have no time to play around with these anymore.

U

User.45

found it:
1608082783541.png

It felt much more appealing then...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
found it:
View attachment 1883

It felt much more appealing then...

Oh, the Faderport. I had a newer modal than that, probably still do buried in a box somewhere :(. I also had one of those big tank Mackie Control mixers. Eventually it ended up back in its box and a couple years ago I donated it to a school. I found it took up too much space and wasn't really value added to my process.

Top Bottom
1 2