Photo of the Day - December, 2020

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. One of the things my granddaughter asked for for Christmas was bunny stuff...including possibly a stroller.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wish I had a before picture, but since 1945 this room at our cabin was an unfinished room with a cracking cement floor, exposed wall beams, completely painted the dark green that is the shadow box on the right wall that we used to just throw random clutter in like tools and river lounging equipment. Then about 4 months ago we remodeled it and used it for Christmas this year.

IMG_4169.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We got a new one again, they must be migrating but this guy (gal?) let me walk right up to it and didn't even flinch, rare for these birds so I was impressed. It almost said "here, get my good side".

View attachment 2210

If it’s attractive and vividly colored it’s a male. If it’s bland as dirt it’s female.

We’ve been fighting science and the natural world long before Trump.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
If it’s attractive and vividly colored it’s a male. If it’s bland as dirt it’s female.

We’ve been fighting science and the natural world long before Trump.

But in the natural world the male satin bowerbird is the one into home decoration. This one even improves the ecosystem as well, by collecting plastic bottlecaps and straws....

Among humans, a woman may talk a husband into mowing the lawn or adding a patio on out back the house, but sometimes it's an arm and a leg to get them to spring for a nice rock garden space or freestanding flowerbeds: "Just stuff to mow around is all that is."

62710-bowerbird.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
But in the natural world the male satin bowerbird is the one into home decoration. This one even improves the ecosystem as well, by collecting plastic bottlecaps and straws....

Among humans, a woman may talk a husband into mowing the lawn or adding a patio on out back the house, but sometimes it's an arm and a leg to get them to spring for a nice rock garden space or freestanding flowerbeds: "Just stuff to mow around is all that is."

View attachment 2212

Also in the animal kingdom it’s the males who are the good dancers (to attract a mate).

Humans: “So you like to dress with garish style, enjoy home decorating and landscaping, and are a good dancer? What are you, some kind of homo?”

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Also in the animal kingdom it’s the males who are the good dancers (to attract a mate).

Humans: “So you like to dress with garish style, enjoy home decorating and landscaping, and are a good dancer? What are you, some kind of homo?”

Hah, you and I are getting good at derailing threads, I have to say. They'll be calling us to star in a new revival of the Gong Show pretty soon.

Who still knows this thread is Photo of the Day?!

(my apologies for my part of this derailment anyway)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hah, you and I are getting good at derailing threads, I have to say. They'll be calling us to star in a new revival of the Gong Show pretty soon.

Who still knows this thread is Photo of the Day?!

(my apologies for my part of this derailment anyway)

I'm only responding to this and taking it further to say at least this thread is easy to ignore potential derailing and stay on point. Just scroll to the next photo and ignore the rest. Plus a new thread gets started every month.

Top Bottom
1 2