Photo of the Day -- December 2021

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Over San Francisco Bay and on approach to SFO.

View attachment 10254
Very nice, hard to capture planes with any sort of foreground or background. I've tried from San Bruno mountain because you can see some of the hills behind the flights but you need a really long lens, I have since purchased the Sigma 150-600 and might try again with that.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Very nice, hard to capture planes with any sort of foreground or background. I've tried from San Bruno mountain because you can see some of the hills behind the flights but you need a really long lens, I have since purchased the Sigma 150-600 and might try again with that.

Thanx... I captured that in Burlingame, near the marshlands. It was awhile back, either with an iPhone 6+ or maybe a 5S. It's an interesting area that runs along the bay close to 101, with old businesses along the side. There was a two-screen drive in theater there a few decades ago.

It's tough finding places with a decent backgrounds and with no extraneous clutter (buildings, cars, signs, people, power lines, etc). OTOH, I've made photos in that area with only power lines and transmission towers.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Pastel homes in the city I grew up in.

DSC01458_web.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2