IMG_2237.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
There must not be a neighborhood homeowners' association or covenant of some sort; that kind of funky "yard art" would not be permitted in many residential areas around where I live. Decorations at Christmas? Sure. Fun stuff at Hallowe'en? More places are allowing that, too. Anything else? Usually not at all.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
There must not be a neighborhood homeowners' association or covenant of some sort; that kind of funky "yard art" would not be permitted in many residential areas around where I live. Decorations at Christmas? Sure. Fun stuff at Hallowe'en? More places are allowing that, too. Anything else? Usually not at all.
those evel associations. no this is a established neighborhood.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
There's a story behind this image.... I heard plaintive honking and when I looked out, saw one lone goose in the middle of the lake, apparently trapped by ice and melting ice, unable to swim properly and unable to extricate himself by getting up on the ice because of the melting ice on the surface plus the actual ice beneath, so he couldn't get traction in any way. There wasn't much room to maneuver, so he couldn't simply take flight from his current position, either. Eventually he figured out a strategy of biting the ice/melting ice on the surface so that he could make more space for himself to turn around and head back in the direction of the area where there was open water. I watched and eventually he was able to turn around, after which he forged himself a path through the ice and melted ice until finally, he successfully broke free and was able to swim unencumbered again.

So in this shot, he's employing his plan of biting the ice/icy melting surface:

Biting the Ice.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2