Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3971.jpeg
seaway to many of these around town.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
When I finally get finished with tinkering with my archived images, I may well bring a few of them out into the light, as sometimes it is just not all that easy to shoot and post something brand-new each and every day.
You should. I’d love to see some Nikon vintage stuff from you!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
You should. I’d love to see some Nikon vintage stuff from you!

I enjoy shooting new and fresh stuff nearly daily, and sometimes wonder why people dredge up their old archived stuff to share in the POTD thread but then I realize that, hey, something that I shot fifteen years ago or whenever may feel old and familiar to me, but, yes, would seem new and fresh to people who'd not seen that image before.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've been tinkering with my archival files lately, and ran across a folder of NEFs (RAW Nikon files), so quickly looked through them and decided to process one just for fun.

From lo these many, many moons ago down in Florida on a photography birding trip:

Sandhill Crane at Water's Edge
View attachment 11836
Imagine if he visited your lake? How would Alfred feel?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
LOL!!!! Alfred would be wildly jealous, I'm sure, and the two of them would probably engage in an epic battle! LOL!

I've been fascinated with how calmly and casually the Hooded Mergansers and the geese get along; they don't seem to have any problems with each other at all. Of course their choices of food are different so they aren't really competing with each other in that way. They all just swim amiably around, passing each other without any sort of commotion and everybody's happy.

I miss my Alfred -- haven't seen him in a while and today while I was out on the boardwalk (gorgeous sunny and warmish day!) I looked for him, but no sign.... I do know that he has been around this winter, though, as I've caught brief glimpses from time to time as he's gone flying by.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Another bird today...... Ah, but this one doesn't have feathers! While I was out shooting on the boardwalk yesterday I heard him coming, looked up and took a shot. Didn't think to adjust my settings to compensate for the backlighting of the sky, though, as it was just a quickie impulsive aim at the birdie and shoot kind of thing. We see these guys from time to time flying overhead, as my neighborhood is close to DC, military installations and airports. Could've been transporting someone from the Pentagon to another location....

Big  BIF Overhead.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2