Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
_DSC3117.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like we got a bird theme going. I was out this morning and was able to catch this one nesting.

View attachment 2807

Whaaa? In CA? I went on an Alaskan cruise and I was floored on how up there bald eagles on the coast are almost as common as seagulls here, just perching in trees and occasionally sky dive bombing the ocean for fish.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Whaaa? In CA? I went on an Alaskan cruise and I was floored on how up there bald eagles on the coast are almost as common as seagulls here, just perching in trees and occasionally sky dive bombing the ocean for fish.
I've heard that about Alaska, it's a bit hard to imagine but I would guess if they were all over the place the appeal would be diminished for sure. Here it's quite rare as I'm sure you know, there is a known area where they nest for some of the year and a lot of people go there to try and get shots. It was my third time and I was finally able to get something usable but it takes a 600mm lens.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
In the DC area if we drive about an hour and a half to Conowingo Dam in Maryland, we can often see and get shots of eagles in the fall and early winter. I went a few times and it was fun but after a while word spread and the site became overrun with photographers so I stopped going up there. I didn't have much luck getting good shots of eagles in flight or fighting over a fish but occasionally did get one in a tree.

In the meantime, here's a photo for today, one that I shot the other day when I was playing with the feather:

Feathery Tip.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Yesterday afternoon I got to see the Belted Kingfisher again! She was back on the chain on the pier, so I snapped a few shots of her with the RX10, then came back in the house and got out the A7R IV and the 100-400mm with the 1.4x TC for more serious shooting. She obligingly posed for me!

Regina Poses on the Post.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yesterday afternoon I got to see the Belted Kingfisher again! She was back on the chain on the pier, so I snapped a few shots of her with the RX10, then came back in the house and got out the A7R IV and the 100-400mm with the 1.4x TC for more serious shooting. She obligingly posed for me!

View attachment 2873
Great captture!

Top Bottom
1 2