Photo of the Day - January 2021

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
its hard to get a good picture of this its straight down and a bit freaky. maybe 100 feet or so. the bike path follows tyron creek with a very nice pad path with help callboxes even.
IMG_2028.jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
A thank you gift for all those seeds earlier in the year! Anyway had me fooled!
That was my thought, too -- one of them was in his own way, wishing me a lovely holiday and leaving a gift.....!! :)

I miss seeing my little guys on the deck, and I miss Smaug and Mr Nervous, too, but I'm sure the neighbors are much happier..... I keep meaning to buy more birdseed to put out on the common grounds for them to enjoy -- have to put it on the grocery shopping list!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Alfred is back!!!! I haven't seen him for a couple of months and today I was thrilled when, startled, he took flight from where he'd been standing and soared up to the roof of one of the townhouses across the lake. I grabbed the camera, ran out to the deck and started shooting. After a while it got too cold -- I didn't have a coat on -- so I came back in the house and when I next looked out, he was no longer on the roof.

He looks a little shaggy -- his winter plumage -- but he's my Alfred! :)

Alfred on the Roof.jpeg

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Alfred is back!!!! I haven't seen him for a couple of months and today I was thrilled when, startled, he took flight from where he'd been standing and soared up to the roof of one of the townhouses across the lake. I grabbed the camera, ran out to the deck and started shooting. After a while it got too cold -- I didn't have a coat on -- so I came back in the house and when I next looked out, he was no longer on the roof.

He looks a little shaggy -- his winter plumage -- but he's my Alfred! :)

View attachment 2516
Welcome back! Now give him a nice fish as a reward!

Still working through my winter shots as I've been busy.

_DSC6155.jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Living where I do, it was always fun to first take it out back and let the critters who needed shelter make use of it over winter.
Well.....in this case, our "backyard" is the lake, so that's not going to happen unless someone were to leave their tree in the community common areas, which would not be acceptable under the condo association rules..... too bad, really!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
There are also areas that become "red flag" zones for fire risk early in spring, too dangerous to have a pile of dead conifers lying around.

Love the photo though, it's "fuel for a poem" for those inclined.

Top Bottom
1 2