Mirrored Geese.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
AWWWWWW........ Aren't they cute!!!! Be glad they're in the confines of that enclosure! Some years ago a guy on another forum discovered an egg sac on his draperies and eventually found the mother placidly making herself at home, too. Next thing you know he had baby Praying Mantises all over his house! He managed to scoop up most of them and hustle them outdoors and the next time he found egg sacs quickly got them outdoors, too, before they hatched.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
AWWWWWW........ Aren't they cute!!!! Be glad they're in the confines of that enclosure! Some years ago a guy on another forum discovered an egg sac on his draperies and eventually found the mother placidly making herself at home, too. Next thing you know he had baby Praying Mantises all over his house! He managed to scoop up most of them and hustle them outdoors and the next time he found egg sacs quickly got them outdoors, too, before they hatched.

They hatched unseasonably early, possibly because of the warmth of the room. There's always a 50/50 chance they'll hatch at all. Wingless fruit flies, their main captivity diet at this size are hard to find locally. So I had to order online and they won't arrive until Wednesday. I'll keep some in the encloser and release some in my greenhouse. So it will be the battle of the fittest with the ones released into the cold winter and those in the enclosure that turn to cannibalism until the fruit flies arrive. And 3 more egg sacs to go.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The sky was amazing going to school, the entire thing was lit up red - BTT, I got back across the bridge, it had faded, caught this little patch. Not a stellar photo, but kind of a neat place vs. where I usually shoot beach pics, the dunes and plants visible, the jetty to the right - and also on the right edge you can see a sliver of land, that's about 1/2 a mile from where I was standing across the mouth of the channel - or 10 miles by car :D

IMG_0853.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
On another forum I often participate in a weekly "collective shoot," where we have a theme and everybody has to shoot an image which works with that theme or topic. It's not a competition, it's simply for fun. So this past week's topic is "the letter N." I found something to shoot pretty quickly, a 2020 Liberty Nickel, but hadn't come up with any other ideas yet until the other day I broke a fingernail. As I reached for a nail file, bingo, here was an "n" word! After fixing the nail, I quickly assembled a few items and did a fast setup near the window with natural light coming in..... Kind of liked the colors in this one:

Nail Implements.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2