IMG_3085.jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Went out to take a walk around the boardwalk yesterday and decided to snap a photo of the flowers decorating the edge of the lake adjacent to the boardwalk....and along with the view I also managed to capture a calm little birdie relaxing on the rope! (Of COURSE this happens when I've got the wide-angle lens on and not a long telephoto!!)

Flowers on the Boardwalk....and a Bird.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks! LOL! He's wondering what the heck that strange woman is doing standing there pointing this big white long thing at him! Why wasn't she offering him a nice treat, something to nibble on?

I was surprised that he didn't immediately take flight, instead just stayed where he was while I hurriedly made some adjustments in my settings, then raised the camera to my eye and fired off some shots. Later I got a few more shots which I haven't yet processed of several swallows all lined up in a row on another section of rope. What is interesting is that not all that far from them there were several people sitting out on a deck chatting away. Only when someone came walking along the boardwalk and got pretty close did they quickly take flight, but they returned within a couple of minutes and resettled themselves on the rope as I kept watching and shooting.

This was great, as the day before when I'd gone out on the boardwalk to shoot I had a different lens on -- the wide-angle one -- and of course that wasn't great for getting nice closeup shots, so I went out there prepared this time.

Top Bottom
1 2