Photo of the Day - June 2021

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
It's a new month and time to share your best still photos (no videos) in this thread as we head into summer.....

Only ONE photo per day, please! No limits on gear used -- can be your film or digital iPhone/smartphone, P&S, Compact camera, Rangefinder or Interchangeable Lens Camera (SLR, DSLR, Mirrorless). If you happen to know the EXIF, share that, and if you wish, location and date of the shot; photos don't need to be current, they can be from your archives, too, but of course it's nice to share fresh new images each day! Variety is fun and it's neat to see what has captured your interest and attention each time you've picked up your photo-making device.

Kicking off the month of June is the Osprey that I spotted soaring around above our little lake yesterday afternoon when I was out on the deck shooting Alfred with the RX10 M4 in hand. At first I wasn't sure what this guy was, as he was moving pretty quickly, and sometimes the light didn't hit him just right, but it was apparent that he was a raptor of some sort. Fascinated, I started shooting him. BIF is not something I do a lot so most of the shots didn't come out well at all, but I did manage to get this one and identify him as an Osprey for sure. They don't usually come around here -- they spend time down by the Potomac River, at some of the marinas or in the wetlands, so this was a real surprise. He startled me even more when he suddenly plunged straight down to the water's surface, made a splash and soared upwards again. I blinked at the speed of his actions and realized that he'd just caught himself a tasty fish treat!

Osprey at the Lake!.jpg

Last edited:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks! I love my 90mm macro lens..... she and I took one look at the daylilies starting to bloom in front of my building -- actually, right under my master bedroom window! -- and promptly spent some time communing with one of the lovely blossoms. Hand-held, wide open.....

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
The noise is VERY loud, indeed! I can hear the darned things without my hearing aids (moderate-to-severe conductive hearing loss since birth) and it's pretty bad. WITH my hearing aids these critters manage to hit some really high pitch and/or decibel level and triggers the aids' sensitivity level so that it is almost painful......like someone running a buzz saw right into my skull. NOT cool!

Top Bottom
1 2