Not open for further replies.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Welcome to the Photo of the Day thread for this month! All members are invited to participate, share your favorite and/or best images..... Not a lot of rules here, but one photo per day is the limit, and must be the member's own work. There are no limitations on gear used, so grab your iPhone, your P&S, your compact camera, your DSLR or your mirrorless ILC and join in! Oh, and there are no restrictions on subject matter (except must be Safe For Work [SFW], of course), so shoot away: we'd like to see your best efforts!

Images can be from one's archives or fresh out of the camera -- the shooter's choice.

Spike

Writer, photographer
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
1654094091581.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Took this while walking the bridge over the intracoastal, iPhone 13 Pro Max using the wide lens, I was standing on the opposite side so I trimmed off a bunch of bridge :D

IMG_1443_1920.jpg

In the lower left you can kind of see the channel goes turns that way in addition to going straight, that leads out to the ocean, and that corner is a great ("4x4 only") spot for hanging out, SUP, maybe a little flounder fishing :D

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Took this while walking the bridge over the intracoastal, iPhone 13 Pro Max using the wide lens, I was standing on the opposite side so I trimmed off a bunch of bridge :D

View attachment 14528

In the lower left you can kind of see the channel goes turns that way in addition to going straight, that leads out to the ocean, and that corner is a great ("4x4 only") spot for hanging out, SUP, maybe a little flounder fishing :D
what state is this? 🙂

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

View attachment 14528

That's a beaut. I love the low horizon perspective. Refreshing!

Reactions: DT

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
what state is this? 🙂

Hahaha, I just realized my profile location is what it is ... :ROFLMAO:

Florida, specifically the St. Augustine area. I was on that bridge basically looking the direction of the arrow :)

1654108171789.png

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

View attachment 14528

Also feels a little Diebenkorn-ish, in a pleasing way.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

There are a lot gems in in your photo, I especially love the walked horse in the background under the neck of the horse in front. Was that serendipity or planned? Not that it makes any difference - I'll take serendipity any day when I can get it. :) As they're pleasing to the eye, I also like curved elements in photos - and the hose nails it big time. I also like the black steps, don't know why - must be the shape and for me being unexpected, while not distracting. And of course the water spray. A bonus is the horse having a catchlight in its eye.

Superb all around!

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
There are a lot gems in in your photo, I especially love the walked horse in the background under the neck of the horse in front. Was that serendipity or planned? Not that it makes any difference - I'll take serendipity any day when I can get it. :) As they're pleasing to the eye, I also like curved elements in photos - and the hose nails it big time. I also like the black steps, don't know why - must be the shape and for me being unexpected, while not distracting. And of course the water spray. A bonus is the horse having a catchlight in its eye.

Superb all around!

The horse in the background was just serendipity...it was really bright shooting into the sun and since this was on mirrorless, I was really just focused on keeping the main characters in the frame. I took a couple similar ones on film, too, it will be interesting to see how those turn out; I know the dynamic range will be a lot less on the horse.

I do wish those cars weren't there, but that's where the staff parks. The stairs are kind of funny, but there are a lot of really big horses, and it's an all girls school, so most (all??) of them need those steps to mount the horses. 🙂

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
One of the best times making photos in San Francisco over the years was having a chat and making portraits of SFPD officers I ran into on the street.

Often I'd make 4x6 prints of encounters to keep in my camera bag, so I could give them a photo if I ran into them again in the future. That was always appreciated. I never kept track of the number of portraits made, but a couple hundred wouldn't surprise me. This photo was a bit unusual because it was at night and had multiple officers.

46526_4193064859639_525999736_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2