Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Marching into Spring (or for some folks Down Under, Autumn)....

Welcome to the Photo of the Day thread for this month! All members are invited to participate, share your favorite and/or best images..... Not a lot of rules here, but one photo per day is the limit, and must be the member's own work. There are no limitations on gear used, so grab your iPhone, your P&S, your compact camera, your DSLR or your mirrorless ILC and join in! Oh, and there are no restrictions on subject matter (except must be Safe For Work [SFW], of course), so shoot away: we'd like to see your best efforts!

Images can be from one's archives or fresh out of the camera -- the shooter's choice. This is not a contest or competition, so no "winners" or "losers" here, in spite of that gallery-like "Photo Contest" thingy displaying submitted images in order of "reaction" score. This is simply meant to be a fun sharing of one's interesting images.

Starting off this brand-new month:

Celebration.jpeg

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, that's neat! Is that a tattoo? A painted stone?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, that's neat! Is that a tattoo? A painted stone?
Thank you! Yes, I think it's painted stone or plaster of some sort.....it's actually supposed to be a liquid soap or hand cream dispenser and the other day when I was looking for something else I found it and thought, "hm...." Must've been a long-ago gift when I had my two resident felines, as I think it's supposed to be a Siamese cat.

Anyway, in my eagerness to start shooting photos of the thing I didn't think to first wash it off. The first few photos quickly reminded me of that important and necessary first step (especially when shooting macro or closeups), so I stopped shooting, took the thing to the sink and gave it a good washing before returning to the camera. In the end, when I was reviewing my images, I found myself more interested in the dusty images than the clean ones, and the more I looked at this particular one, I realized that it could be very interesting indeed in B&W, so converted it, used a high-key approach, and voila! :) I'm always looking at things with an eye to photographing them, and sometimes inspiration hits me only later in the post-processing/editing phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2