Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
View attachment 5550

To be continued…

No clue why the photo won't display in the thread.
It looks like it's probably too big, just over 7 MB which means it will take a while to load for some people. For anything over a couple of MB I always save it for web which reduces it to a more manageable size.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Almost forgot to post my image for today: a headshot of my lovely Alfred:

Nice! At the beach yesterday, there was a "people friendly" Snowy Egret (I believe Alfred is a Heron, I think they're in the same family), kind of sidled up close to us in our tidal pool, we'd look, it would stop, we'd look away, it would creep closer, hahaha, it was like a ghost in a Super Mario game :D

Thank you! Oh I love this, and I would love to see it! I'll bet it's spectacular in person! Wow.......

I know, I LOVE lights/lighting.

(We have some fun colored LED lighting on the deck, hahaha, maybe we can become a new light show destination :ROFLMAO: )

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Nice! At the beach yesterday, there was a "people friendly" Snowy Egret (I believe Alfred is a Heron, I think they're in the same family), kind of sidled up close to us in our tidal pool, we'd look, it would stop, we'd look away, it would creep closer, hahaha, it was like a ghost in a Super Mario game :D

I know, I LOVE lights/lighting.

(We have some fun colored LED lighting on the deck, hahaha, maybe we can become a new light show destination :ROFLMAO: )

Yes, Alfred is a Great Blue Heron. He's been living on the lake here for a while, and I first "met" him last summer and promptly fell in love! :D. He's become rather well-known on MR and also on Nikon Cafe, where I also share photos, as I've spent a fair amount of time capturing him over the past year. We also have other herons and the occasional cormorant and of course the good old garden-variety Canada goose. I am surprised that Alfred hung around here all winter but he seems to be fine with our cold weather.

I also adore Egrets, too, and Roseate Spoonbills and Woodstorks and....well, just about all the beautiful water birds that can be seen on a regular basis all year around down in Florida. That state is Mecca for bird lovers and bird photographers!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
This is a composite, first of the sky so I could capture all of its color and light and then of the moon. I then combined both shots into one. Star trails are likely shooting stars as it was probably a 5 or 6 second exposure on the sky.

View attachment 5577

Oh, this is breathtakingly beautiful, Eric! WOW!!!!!!!

U

User.45

In our little lake we have catfish -- LOTS of catfish! Yesterday, I was startled when walking around the boardwalk to see a lot of them swimming fairly close to the surface, which is unusual. The water was also pretty clear, thanks to a couple of storms we had had the day and night before. Lots of smaller catfish, who I think must be our latest spring arrivals, being shown the ropes by the adults. Some of the adults can grow to a surprisingly large size. Meet "Big Daddy," who was smiling up at me:

View attachment 5544

Sort of why I asked:

1624643827390.png

Top Bottom
1 2