Photo of the Day - May 2021

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Cicada climbing a tree in search of a lady love with whom to mate and start a new generation of seventeen-year cicadas:

Climbing the Tree in Search of Romance.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
(sorry, but this beats everything else this month)

View attachment 5532

Sorry, but this thread is meant for photos shot by members themselves, their own images taken with whatever gear they use -- pictures that they want to share......

That said, I agree that this is indeed a compelling image, given the content of the paper President Biden is holding up -- but the image would fit better in one of the political discussion threads. :).

U

User.45

Sorry, but this thread is meant for photos shot by members themselves, images that they want to share......

That said, I agree that this is indeed a compelling image, given the content of the paper President Biden is holding up -- but the image would fit better in one of the political discussion threads. :).
Hence the apology:)

(it's meant to be an easter egg, but I can move it if it bothers others)

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
In our little lake we have catfish -- LOTS of catfish! Yesterday, I was startled when walking around the boardwalk to see a lot of them swimming fairly close to the surface, which is unusual. The water was also pretty clear, thanks to a couple of storms we had had the day and night before. Lots of smaller catfish, who I think must be our latest spring arrivals, being shown the ropes by the adults. Some of the adults can grow to a surprisingly large size. Meet "Big Daddy," who was smiling up at me:

Big Daddy Catfish.jpeg

U

User.45

In our little lake we have catfish -- LOTS of catfish! Yesterday, I was startled when walking around the boardwalk to see a lot of them swimming fairly close to the surface, which is unusual. The water was also pretty clear, thanks to a couple of storms we had had the day and night before. Lots of smaller catfish, who I think must be our latest spring arrivals, being shown the ropes by the adults. Some of the adults can grow to a surprisingly large size. Meet "Big Daddy," who was smiling up at me:

View attachment 5544
How big is he?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Hence the apology:)

(it's meant to be an easter egg, but I can move it if it bothers others)

I wasn't sure if you were aware that this particular thread is a little different than the rest -- it is similar to the POTD (Photo of the Day) thread at MR, where members contribute only one image per day.

I'm smiling because I am still getting a kick out of after four years finally being again able to use the President's name with the word "President" in front of it! LOL! I flat-out refused to put the word "President" in front of the Orange guy's name; he didn't deserve that honor and recognition, and I never considered him "presidential" in any way. I'm so happy that we have a real president again!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
How big is he?
He's a whopper! That photo was shot with my 100-400mm lens and not cropped. He was moving along pretty fast and I was standing above him on the boardwalk, shooting at "Continuous High," but couldn't get a decent shot of all of him in the frame -- hence you can't see his tail. He's several inches long and looks as though he weighs a couple of pounds at least.

U

User.45

I wasn't sure if you were aware that this particular thread is a little different than the rest -- it is similar to the POTD (Photo of the Day) thread at MR, where members contribute only one image per day.

I'm smiling because I am still getting a kick out of after four years finally being again able to use the President's name with the word "President" in front of it! LOL! I flat-out refused to put the word "President" in front of the Orange guy's name; he didn't deserve that honor and recognition, and I never considered him "presidential" in any way. I'm so happy that we have a real president again!
same here. his approach converted my anger to laughs. absolutely refreshing.

He's a whopper! That photo was shot with my 100-400mm lens and not cropped. He was moving along pretty fast and I was standing above him on the boardwalk, shooting at "Continuous High," but couldn't get a decent shot of all of him in the frame -- hence you can't see his tail. He's several inches long and looks as though he weighs a couple of pounds at least.
Yup, he appears much bigger. Some catfish can reach a length of 5-7 Ft so I didn't even try to guess.

Top Bottom
1 2