Not open for further replies.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Welcome to the Photo of the Day thread for this month! All members are invited to participate, share your favorite and/or best images..... Not a lot of rules here, but one photo per day is the limit, and must be the member's own work. There are no limitations on gear used, so grab your iPhone, your P&S, your compact camera, your DSLR or your mirrorless ILC and join in! Oh, and there are no restrictions on subject matter (except must be Safe For Work [SFW], of course), so shoot away: we'd like to see your best efforts!

Images can be from one's archives or fresh out of the camera -- the shooter's choice.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
i-Bx2p4H6.jpg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I'm not seeing the problem that was apparent before, looks better to me. Not sure what changed...
i hosted this one on my own site. šŸ˜•

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The other day we saw a (male) robin down under a palm, that's along the walkway, it was amazing, couldn't get to my iPhone in time to snap a pic, but it was an odd place to be hanging out.

I learned why today: I was trimming the palms (a couple had new growth), and I came eye-to-eye with a female robin, and a nest right in that same palm. These are Sego, so they're like 5 feet high at the most, I haven't seen a nest this low in our yard before.

I busted out the D40 and a 200mm zoom for this pic, I'll shoot an iPhone pic later, trying not to bother the mom, looks like she has some very tiny chicks :)

DSC_0082_1920.jpg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I got the cutest little half frame camera last week, so I ran a roll of bw through it and home developed it to make sure it works. It has some quirks, and apparently some random light leaks (not sure why they are only on some frames and not others)...the meter only works sporadically so I have to meter with a phone app. But it's super fun. I plan to partially share it with my daughter when we go on vacations (I shoot a frame, she shoots a frame) and otherwise use it for diptychs, which will require a lot of planning (aka remembering what I last shot).

i-P9Zc6cN-X3.jpg

Ilford HP5+ | home developed | home scanned

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I got the cutest little half frame camera last week, so I ran a roll of bw through it and home developed it to make sure it works. It has some quirks, and apparently some random light leaks (not sure why they are only on some frames and not others)...the meter only works sporadically so I have to meter with a phone app. But it's super fun. I plan to partially share it with my daughter when we go on vacations (I shoot a frame, she shoots a frame) and otherwise use it for diptychs, which will require a lot of planning (aka remembering what I last shot).

i-P9Zc6cN-X3.jpg

Ilford HP5+ | home developed | home scanned

An Olympus Pen? I remember those when I was a kid.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
An Olympus Pen? I remember those when I was a kid.
No, this is a Fujica Half. This one I can shoot in manual mode since the meter is wonky. Most, if not all, of the Pens I looked at only shot in auto exposure, so once the battery goes, there is no way to use the camera. Plus, this was only $26 from Japan (I paid more for shipping), so I wasn't out much if it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2