Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
So loving this wonderful weather, and the colorful leaves!

Autumn Leaves on a Glorious Day.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 1281
About a mile from where I live. Sadly they have chopped down a good chink of this woodland in the last couple of weeks. Not sure why.
The last 4 years has produced a rock to live under shortage crisis for Trump converts. This is probably just a community development project you’re seeing. Looks to be just about finished.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
The last 4 years has produced a rock to live under shortage crisis for Trump converts. This is probably just a community development project you’re seeing. Looks to be just about finished.
I don't think Trump's influence extends to the UK! Plus its not going to be for a development. It belongs to the Woodland trust. They would never get permission even if they wanted to.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think Trump's influence extends to the UK! Plus its not going to be for a development. It belongs to the Woodland trust. They would never get permission even if they wanted to.
Hm. That was really American of me. Sorry about that. Do Boris supporters tend to be found under rocks?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What fun, Alli!!!! I have a couple of those: a large one and a smaller one, but I tend to forget to get them out and play with them! Isn't it neat how they reflect things? Sort of an oversized raindrop!
I have the set in two sizes as well. I’ve had them for a few years, and never think about using them. This was my first!

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm a great spider fan. I mean, I wouldn't have one as a pet, but I think they're interesting cool creatures.

That one is my pet. Very personable and inquisitive and that's about the biggest the species gets.

What is that species? it just about squeaks onto the short list for the "adorable" award.

I love the look and awkward grace of Daddy Long Legs spiders so I let them hang out in here in winter. The interim whereabouts of any offspring mystify me: I never see one of them until it is about half the size of the adults. Sort of how one never (or rarely anyway) sees a baby pigeon in the city.

Other house spiders come in from the cold now too. I don't mind them either really. They have a more utilitarian look, though, not the kind of thing that on first sight got a "well aren't you cute!" reaction.

Outdoor spiders impress me for the variety of their webs that appear overnight as if by magic and are sometimes huge. Never liked them when I was subbing on my bros' paper routes though, it's like the little pests knew the exact path I'd take on my rounds and would string them between trees at the curb and shrubbery across the sidewalk. Ugh.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
What is that species? it just about squeaks onto the short list for the "adorable" award.

I love the look and awkward grace of Daddy Long Legs spiders so I let them hang out in here in winter. The interim whereabouts of any offspring mystify me: I never see one of them until it is about half the size of the adults. Sort of how one never (or rarely anyway) sees a baby pigeon in the city.

Other house spiders come in from the cold now too. I don't mind them either really. They have a more utilitarian look, though, not the kind of thing that on first sight got a "well aren't you cute!" reaction.

Outdoor spiders impress me for the variety of their webs that appear overnight as if by magic and are sometimes huge. Never liked them when I was subbing on my bros' paper routes though, it's like the little pests knew the exact path I'd take on my rounds and would string them between trees at the curb and shrubbery across the sidewalk. Ugh.
We have a spider resident inside the left rearview mirror of our car.
For at least three years a spider has lived there. It throws out a web overnight, only for it to be blown to tatters when I drive off. Next day, it's back… Through car washes, rain and wind, she hangs on in there.
I have never seen the occupant though. Just the webs that keep appearing.

It must be quite a comfy and safe home.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

It's a jumping spider. There's all kinds of youtube videos of them being cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2