Photo of the Day - November 2021

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Shot with the Canon 70-200 2.8 MKIII lens on my Sony AR7 III body. This one let me get within 10 feet which doesn't happen often.

DSC00482.jpeg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Very cool, I recognized the spot immediately. Also love the fog, the conditions there are so dynamic.

I love making photos in the Ocean Beach area. Though Louis' closing after being in business since 1937 bummed me out, where I used to enjoy an old-school breakfast.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I love making photos in the Ocean Beach area. Though Louis' closing after being in business since 1937 bummed me out, where I used to enjoy an old-school breakfast.
I really like that you're using lands end as the backdrop and not the ocean to her left, which is what everyone else does, IMO this is far more interesting and has a compelling noir feel to it.

When we look back at the history over there it's sort of sad to see what it's become. With the Sutro baths, Playland and the pier, that place was THE entertainment hub for the city for decades and in the last 100 years has completely fallen into disrepair, closing the Cliff House was the final nail in the coffin IMO. Love the area and the natural beauty, it's just too bad how it's all played out.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Another wonderful capture!

Thanx, Eric. And your photo up above is so adorable!

Powell & Market used to be loaded with people at almost any time of the day - a great place to make photos. Today I hear it's pretty sparse with the pandemic. :(

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanx, Eric. And your photo up above is so adorable!

Powell & Market used to be loaded with people at almost any time of the day - a great place to make photos. Today I hear it's pretty sparse with the pandemic. :(
Not sure if it's something that would interest you but I'm hosting a Meetup for December 5th where we'll be photographing the King Tides from two locations, the Embarcadero and Pacifica Pier. I just put it up this morning but if it's anything like my last one there will likely be a pretty large group, lots of opportunities for candids as people always try to outrun the waves.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Not sure if it's something that would interest you but I'm hosting a Meetup for December 5th where we'll be photographing the King Tides from two locations, the Embarcadero and Pacifica Pier. I just put it up this morning but if it's anything like my last one there will likely be a pretty large group, lots of opportunities for candids as people always try to outrun the waves.

That sounds pretty neat! If things go right, we're going to be hitting the road for a few days then - to get out of the Bay Area and see something different. So need to pass on that. Stay safe with those breaking tides!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Yesterday afternoon while I was shooting the Hooded Mergansers someone went soaring past and it was Alfred, so I promptly turned my attention and the lens in his direction as he was heading for a spot from which to fish. I absolutely adore this A1 camera -- with its high frame rate I can capture so much more action than I used to be able to do, and the fast AF grabs and holds focus beautifully while tracking a moving subject.

Alfred Coming in for a Landing.jpeg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yesterday afternoon while I was shooting the Hooded Mergansers someone went soaring past and it was Alfred, so I promptly turned my attention and the lens in his direction as he was heading for a spot from which to fish. I absolutely adore this A1 camera -- with its high frame rate I can capture so much more action than I used to be able to do, and the fast AF grabs and holds focus beautifully while tracking a moving subject.

View attachment 9849

Stunning capture and so beautiful!

Top Bottom
1 2