Photo of the Day, October, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Took this on a recent vacation in Islesboro, Maine.
Edit: this looks good on Tapatalk but blurry on Safari. Dang it.

Attachments

• 6243472A-F91D-4E6B-A3F7-61ED9A4E2159.jpeg
    6243472A-F91D-4E6B-A3F7-61ED9A4E2159.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Very cool. Is this shot w/macro? I was weeding one morning, and found these two going at it. I had enough time to go into the house, get my camera, get on my hands and knees, and try to get this into focus. In macro mode, you focus by moving in/out. You have to hold your breath!

View attachment 836

Oooh, quick, cover the children's eyes! LOL!

The shot I did of the girl at the piano was actually shot with my 85mm f/1.8 lens rather than my beloved 90mm macro lens, as I wanted to give the 85mm some love and because I was experimenting with different effects, and wanted the faster lens for some of those. I'd consider my image more of a "tabletop" type rather than actual macro. Actually, the scene was set up on my dresser in the master bedroom, which is near a large window which in the afternoons gets wonderful light....

Yours is more macro, absolutely, or close-up. Oh, yes, I'm definitely familiar with the old moving in-and-out to acquire focus and then holding one's breath when pressing the shutter release! I sometimes shoot macro in autofocus, other times in manual focus, depending upon what the subject is and my intended goal for the final results.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I would like to know what kind of forum is this? phpbb? Guci
Actually, the software platform used for this forum is Xenforo, a very robust and versatile program meant for discussion forums. It has pretty much replaced the formerly popular vBulletin, which at one time had been the "gold standard" for web-based discussion forums but which eventually fell behind in useful features and such. While some webmasters are still using vBulletin, most have switched to Xenforo or other programs. Xenforo, like vBulletin, is not free.

As mentioned in Alli's post above, this is the photography subforum, where the focus is indeed on photography: sharing images, talking about photography, etc., This particular thread is mainly meant for sharing photos that one has shot, without any specific subject category.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
portland this is on the Springwater corridor bike path.
Ahh, from NE then? I spent a lot of years there, mostly in Beaverton and Forest Grove but lived on 60th and Burnside for quite a while as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2