Photo of the Day, October, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Quebec City on a ski trip in 2019. Temp was about 0 deg F.

Fantastic. Looks just like old Montreal at a Christmas trip we took year before last.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
He looks like he’s bundled up in a fur coat.
LOL! Yes, he was all hunched up, hunkering down rather than standing tall with his neck stretched out to its extremely long length! I've been watching and photographing him all summer and fall and he is definitely getting his wintertime plumage now, the longer, thicker feathers and such. From what I've been able to tell he is an immature GBH, so doesn't yet have all the characteristics we see in the adult GBH.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fantastic. Looks just like old Montreal at a Christmas trip we took year before last.
We were going to go up again last March but saw the writing on the wall with the border. Canada closed it about 4 days before our planned departure.

Quebec is really quite something. I wish I had more time/$ to explore it further. Haven’t been during the warm months. I do not like driving the highways in Montreal.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Colour or B&W? Sometimes its hard to decide!
Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 20.26.16.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My brand-new 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback..... Wow, she's smarter than I am! Right now I'm still in the process of learning all the ins-and outs of her various features and functions. Challenging, but also fun, of course!

View attachment 876
Wow congratulations, very nice! They've gotten so smart, haven't they?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
There have been a LOT of changes in vehicles since I bought my Acura RSX back in 2005..... So this is definitely a period of adjustment for me, with a lot of new things to learn about and to adjust to the idea of not having to put a key into the ignition, not having to unscrew a fuel cap, watching a live video as I am backing up..... Many things which I've always been accustomed to doing manually are now done automatically, and that feels weird to me, too. I'm loving this even as I'm figuring things out! I am someone fairly comfortable with technology and am certainly reasonably tech-savvy when it comes to computers and camera gear....but somehow it feels different when it involves getting into a vehicle and driving somewhere! I can't help but wonder about people who are not as tech-savvy, how they adjust to all of this.... Then again, most people do not go fifteen years before buying a new vehicle, so some things would have been happening all the way down the line, incrementally, rather than it all being a big surprise to the consumer at one fell swoop.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
There have been a LOT of changes in vehicles since I bought my Acura RSX back in 2006..... So this is definitely a period of adjustment for me, with a lot of new things to learn about and to adjust to the idea of not having to put a key into the ignition, not having to unscrew a fuel cap, watching a live video as I am backing up..... Many things which I've always been accustomed to doing manually are now done automatically, and that feels weird to me, too. I'm loving this even as I'm figuring things out! I am someone fairly comfortable with technology and am certainly reasonably tech-savvy when it comes to computers and camera gear....but somehow it feels different when it involves getting into a vehicle and driving somewhere! I can't help but wonder about people who are not as tech-savvy, how they adjust to all of this.... Then again, most people do not go fifteen years before buying a new vehicle, so some things would have been happening all the way down the line, incrementally, rather than it all being a big surprise to the consumer at one fell swoop.
Does it come with adaptive cruise control and automatic lane detection? My son got a new one a year or two ago and it sounded like all of that was standard. I know that was one of the biggest things for me to adjust to in my new car because it was so new but I love it, it practically drives itself and when the speed drops below 37 MPH the traffic jam assist kicks in and you don't have to touch the wheel or any of it, just kick back and let the car do everything.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Love ACC. The lane keep assist on my Outback is more of a suggestion that you stay in the lane; not a directive.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
What's the issue?
So often I have to resize images. Also just hangs. Drag and drop never seems to work. I get the opps we ran into a problem or file is too large. Above I somehow ended up with a double post. Same images I post in the other place so some difference I'm not seeing?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So often I have to resize images. Also just hangs. Drag and drop never seems to work. I get the opps we ran into a problem or file is too large. Above I somehow ended up with a double post. Same images I post in the other place so some difference I'm not seeing?
Okay, I've doubled the size of the maximum upload, can you try again and let me know if it's still an issue?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Does it come with adaptive cruise control and automatic lane detection? My son got a new one a year or two ago and it sounded like all of that was standard. I know that was one of the biggest things for me to adjust to in my new car because it was so new but I love it, it practically drives itself and when the speed drops below 37 MPH the traffic jam assist kicks in and you don't have to touch the wheel or any of it, just kick back and let the car do everything.

Yes, it does, and that is one tweak I need to make in the settings because at the dealership when the salesman was going through the worksheet of settings to make, asking me all these questions: did I want "x" or "y," feature or function set up, did I want this, that or the other option, etc., and when he got to "adaptive cruise control and automatic lane detection" and tried to explain those to me, I wasn't quite getting it (by this time I was on information overload!), and told him that I never use cruise control anyway, I like to have full control of my car. He shrugged and marked "no"or "off" by those on the worksheet. It really wasn't until later when I was going through the worksheet along with the user guide that I finally grasped the concept and thought, "yeah, of course, that is a huge safety feature and certainly necessary around here as well as on a major highway like I-95!" So I'll be tweaking that particular setting to turn those on..... There are a couple of other things that I think I want to adjust, too. I keep reminding myself that this is MY car, I'll be the one driving it, so I need to get it set up to my satisfaction, but also I need to know how to make changes as needed, too, rather than relying on the dealership. It's just another computer, after all....and I'm comfortable with computers.... Big difference is that of course I am not out on the highway with my MacBook Pro, driving her somewhere! LOL!

Times have changed, haven't they? One no longer buys a new car, gets in it, and after adjusting the mirrors and the seats simply takes off and that's it....!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
AFB, I prefer the B&W version of your image, too! The interesting tree trunks show up much better here and are not overshadowed by color in the leaves.

Yes, I, too, have noticed that the images look smaller here and that you have to click on them to make them larger..... I don't think we need to do that over at the other place, at least I haven't when viewing my own or someone else's images. Not sure of what setting that involves in the forum software, though. I usually resize my images to around 1800 on the longest side (1800 x1800, with the shorter side automatically adjusting to the appropriate size)) for forum viewing in the places where I share my images, and that seems to work out well.

I always use the "attach files" feature, I never drag-and-drop. I simply hit the "attach files" and then go to the folder and file where the image I want to share is living, hit "choose," then before actually adding it to my post if I want to make some comments first, I write those, and then I add the full-sized image to the body of the post, check that it looks OK (sometimes I'll discover something I'd overlooked when editing and will hastily delete the image and go back to the editing software for a quick correction, and then go through the posting process again), and hit the "post reply" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2