B783055D-9BD5-4F11-A104-7A0B939C0631.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Workers have been in the process of ripping up our old asphalt walking path, removing the tree roots which had caused the asphalt to heave up, and preparing to lay down fresh asphalt. I happened to be in the parking lot with my camera when the Bobcat thingy came trundling along with another load of asphalt to dump:

Asphalt from Old Trail.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yesterday felt like a warm summer day rather than a day in early October! This is a photo that I know @Scepticalscribe will enjoy!!!!

View attachment 9028
Absolutely love it; and thank you for sharing it and thinking of me. (Lovely shot, too).

These days, it is not simply one or two slices of lemon that find their way into my glass of sparkling water, but, er, three, or four, or five, or six.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks, Eric and SS! Saw something on the internet which gave me the idea to give this a try..... It was a bit more challenging that it appeared to be on the surface, but nonetheless I enjoyed the shooting!

Yep, I had several slices of lemon left that I hadn't used for the shooting session so had a nice cold glass of water with a couple lemon slices.....also added some lemon to my salad that evening for dinner as well. Still have lemon slices in the fridge, which makes it smell delightful! Also several uncut lemons which of course will eventually get their day as well....to be consumed, and maybe even star in another photograph or two as well!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
our granddaughter has been trying to use grandma's white cane but they are way too long with a tiny granddaughter.I glued this cracked cane so its nice and short and she can test it next time she is over.
IMG_3409.jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
I am involved in a project at Nikon Cafe called "Octoberfest," and each participant offers one image each day, shot with a prime lens that they have specified for use during this month. In my case, I'm using the Sony 135mm f/1.8, the Sony 50mm f/1.2 and the Sony 20mm f/1.8. It's been fun and it is also challenging as I can't just reach for my beloved 90mm macro lens all the time the way I usually do. Anyway, I'm trying to use each lens and experiment with it. Today the 135mm had her day in the sun (except that it was cloudy) as I played around with flowers again:

White Flower With Pink Accents .jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
The flowers I have in the house right now are slowly approaching their last days..... Today I tried a new setup with putting a folding table at its highest height adjacent to my sliding glass door, which would give me some ambient light from the outside.....but more importantly, considering the 135mm lens I was about to use (part of the Octoberfest project), also the potential of nice bokeh from the townhouses, trees and such across the lake. I then added appropriate lighting close to the subject at the side and front, then started shooting..... The flowers are on their last legs but to my eye the bokeh is pretty! LOL!

Last Days.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2