Photo of the Day - September 2021

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Labor Day is over, and so is the summer outdoor swimming season in my condo community. The pool is closed for the season and soon the furniture will be stored away and the pool covered by a protective tarp.....

End of the Pool Season.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the color did not come out I guess I rushed it but hey when your on the bike waiting for the light you have to be fast.
it is bright yellow to orange. it does nto help when you cant see the screen well.
IMG_3332.jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
This one is the result of experimenting and playing around in my editing programs because I wanted to explore things I hadn't checked out yet and also because I didn't like the way the water was in the original image -- it was detracting from my primary subject. So I tinkered around -- cropped a little too aggressively, actually -- and here we are:

B&W Goose Experiment.jpeg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Yup! Hand-held, too! Shot with the wonderful A1 and the amazing Voigtlander 110 macro lens..... The Voigtlander brings out the most amazing colors and the A1 also renders colors beautifully, so they are a perfect combination! It also produces gorgeous bokeh. I was sitting on my dresser in the bedroom with the light coming in through the large bedroom windows, all of my attention focused on the solitary rose I had in front of me...... I'd already spent some time playing around with my subject and shooting her from various angles, with different settings, etc., and then got down to exploring the rose in other ways beyond the usual while being more interested in the overall impact than specific details -- except that pointy tip...... I don't remember now for sure what f/stop I actually used and because this is a manual lens the info doesn't show up on the EXIF the way it would had I been using my Sony macro lens. During this particular shooting session (the rose and I spent about an hour together as she posed for me and I experimented). Depending on what I was striving to get in the way of images, I was going back-and-forth between f/stops, anywhere from f/1.2 to f/4........ and of course the closer one gets to the subject when shooting the shallower the DOF becomes, too, anyway.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We had a rare lightning storm, I drove up to a local hilltop and was able to grab this shot. The camera was on a tripod with a remote shutter release, about 2 dozen shots (attempts) and was lucky to get this one right in front of the lens.

View attachment 8620
So,when do you pull the trigger, at the flash?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So,when do you pull the trigger, at the flash?
Getting a shot like this involves luck but it equally involves being prepared in the event you get a strike. This is taken with a long exposure, the camera is setup on a tripod and I'm using a remote cable shutter release as not to touch the camera when pressing the shutter button. I then put the camera in Bulb mode, which is basically manual only you get to hold the shutter open for as long or short as you like.

In most of the shots the shutter is held open anywhere from 5 to 60 seconds at a time, most are misses but when there's a strike within view during that time it will fully capture it.

Top Bottom
1 2