Please consider adding a Gaming Forum

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would you consider adding a Gaming Forum? If so I’d request thread labels, Mac, PC, Console, iOS, and OS neutral.

Then move this thread there:
:):)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Would you consider adding a Gaming Forum? If so I’d request thread labels, Mac, PC, Console, iOS, and OS neutral.

What do we think the appetite would look like for that? If there's enough interest for enough people I would definitely consider it. If we look at the photography forum, for example, there's really only a couple of people active in there and am having a hard time justifying a dedicated forum for it.
However, we can always use labels in any of the existing forums and if it grows, then consider opening up its own.

U

User 189

What do we think the appetite would look like for that? If there's enough interest for enough people I would definitely consider it. If we look at the photography forum, for example, there's really only a couple of people active in there and am having a hard time justifying a dedicated forum for it.
However, we can always use labels in any of the existing forums and if it grows, then consider opening up its own.
Personally, I'd be very much interested in a gaming forum.

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you build it, I will populate it. :D
Even in the MR forum with many more people, participation is limited In the gaming forum. It’s a topic that deserves it’s own forum, and posts there should/may draw more participation, even make talkedabout a more appealing location for a broader spectrum of participants to come and spend some time. :)

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

You don't need a gaming forum.

I can sum up every gaming forum I've been on outside of MR

"Git Gud!!"

There. :ROFLMAO:

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
MR also adds “MAC are toys, for reel gamez u need PC”
All the meaningful game talk concerns PC gaming. Most of the Mac gaming chat has to do with compatibility, getting something to run issue.

Macs are far from toys, but are ill suited for gaming because a toss up between Apple not willing to make them desirable, and over charging for their hardware. The last MBP I bought in 2016 was a $2000 model with integrated graphics, thats sad. The killer PC gaming rig I built in 2013 with a dedicated graphic card cost $1100. It’s still in use today, I’ve upgraded the graphic card twice since then.

That said, I love the Mac OS, but it’s likely for my nexy Mac will be a downgrade to a Mac Book Air or equivalent..

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
All the meaningful game talk concerns PC gaming. Most of the Mac gaming chat has to do with compatibility, getting something to run issue.

Macs are far from toys, but are ill suited for gaming because a toss up between Apple not willing to make them desirable, and over charging for their hardware. The last MBP I bought in 2016 was a $2000 model with integrated graphics, thats sad. The killer PC gaming rig I built in 2013 with a dedicated graphic card cost $1100. It’s still in use today, I’ve upgraded the graphic card twice since then.

That said, I love the Mac OS, but it’s likely for my nexy Mac will be a downgrade to a Mac Book Air or equivalent..
I don’t disagree that there are more games for PCs.

But I always find it funny when the folks who call Macs ”toys” are the same ones who use their PC primarily for gaming.

U

User.45

I don’t disagree that there are more games for PCs.

But I always find it funny when the folks who call Macs ”toys” are the same ones who use their PC primarily for gaming.
My productivity went up when I migrated away from PC to Mac and pushed the gaming on a PS4 a few years later.
It's also much nicer to play split screen Borderlands rather trying to make L4D2 happen on 2 macs with integrated graphics.

DT

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

Hahahaha ...

"Macs are toys, I have a kickass gaming PC!"

"That sounds great, I'm using my Mac to write machine learning code to predict outcomes for pediatric traumatic brain injury ... enjoy your Cyberpunk 2077 ..."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If you build it, I will populate it. :D
Even in the MR forum with many more people, participation is limited In the gaming forum. It’s a topic that deserves it’s own forum, and posts there should/may draw more participation, even make talkedabout a more appealing location for a broader spectrum of participants to come and spend some time. :)
Okay, there you are... let's see how it does.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score

Re the dedicated photography section of the forum, I think that that (the relatively limited input), is a function of the relatively small membership of TA to date.

On MR, - and given so much of the (entirely justified) negative commentary about MR that is posted here - I think it only fair to point out that the photography forums are one of the most agreeable, pleasant, and welcoming places on MR, in both tone and content; interesting, instructive and educational, too.

And these are qualities that I would like to see encouraged - especially re both tone and content - here.

Moreover, photographers tend to be enthusiasts, decent enthusiasts, and the kind of people whom we ought to want to welcome here, and the provision of such a forum may well offer a lure for some of the others to wish to join us at some stage.

U

User 189

Re the dedicated photography section of the forum, I think that that (the relatively limited input), is a function of the relatively small membership of TA to date.

On MR, - and given so much of the (entirely justified) negative commentary about MR that is posted here - I think it only fair to point out that the photography forums are one of the most agreeable, pleasant, and welcoming places on MR, in both tone and content; interesting, instructive and educational, too.

And these are qualities that I would like to see encouraged - especially re both tone and content - here.

Moreover, photographers tend to be enthusiasts, decent enthusiasts, and the kind of people whom we ought to want to welcome here, and the provision of such a forum may well offer a lure for some of the others to wish to join us at some stage.
Although they flood the "latest media" page on MR. :p

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Couldn't agree more, it's the best forum on their entire site IMO.

Top Bottom