Plowing down protesters with your car now legal in Oaklahoma

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Ironically this seems like something to protest.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Ironically this seems like something to protest.
Lots of Grand Theft Auto fans in Oklahoma?

I remember a really old video game called “Vette!” that I played on my Mac SE. I remember you could run over pedestrians, but if you then went into reverse and ran back over them, they’d stand back up and be all better. Maybe they think that is reality?

U

User.45

Lots of Grand Theft Auto fans in Oklahoma?

I remember a really old video game called “Vette!” that I played on my Mac SE. I remember you could run over pedestrians, but if you then went into reverse and ran back over them, they’d stand back up and be all better. Maybe they think that is reality?

1618514454070.png

^
Sounds like fun, but it seems like your game involves too much accountability

Last edited by a moderator:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how these laws will play out when the protests are mostly white people over a sports team win/loss.

Didn't several US cities nearly burn to the ground in the 90's when Guns n' Roses canceled a show 2 hours after they were already supposed to be on stage?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how these laws will play out when the protests are mostly white people over a sports team win/loss.

Didn't several US cities nearly burn to the ground in the 90's when Guns n' Roses canceled a show 2 hours after they were already supposed to be on stage?
Me. I am looking forward to any protest involving masks or stay @ home, then I am renting this and headed there...

uupo7ab1dlbmxizfkebg.png

When I'm asked why I did it...

tumblr_n1ls26Gwix1smcbm7o1_250.gif

1. Because it's now legal

2. As a health & safety matter for the state

3. I was in fear for my life

4. I thought I saw a gun, and you know I will be right.

5. The Facebook group I belong to said Fauci denied there are zombies here. Who believes that guy amirite?

6. All lives matter

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Brutal truth commentary.

I begin to see how states with once robust rule of law enshrined in constitutions of longstanding do manage to fail. I mean in the USA now there's so much completely outrageous stuff happening under pretense of lawmaking that one becomes desensitized to a lot of it, enough so it feels like too much work to pick up the phone and call a legislator's office to say ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MINDS? or better yet help to primary them for their nonsense the next time they stand for re-election.

Really it's becoming too tiring to make the effort to pay diligent attention to the antics of these guys. I'd like to think it's because of my age, but I've heard some much younger kin say stuff like that, people in their 20s and 30s, and some of them have been political activists. I've been that too, but we all do have better things to do than ride herd on hyperpartisan malcontents serving in state legislatures, and so these essentially anti-government creatures get away with tearing down rule of law from within, year after year, and the pace seeming to pick up each season.

The far right in the GOP are counting on the likelihood that we won't bother them. My outrage turns into an eyeroll or just clicking out of a news report before the end because the alternative starts to feel like throwing the device I'm reading it on across the room. I'm hoping there are still some people out there who haven't just about used up their ability to keep getting in the face of rogue lawmakers while there's still time to save the one nation we supposedly share and consent to govern together. My ability to fight back feels like it's growing faint sometimes.

Hah, maybe I just need more sunshine or a vitamin supplement. It's been a long damn winter after four damn long years of Trump, and a few months of someone else in the WH is a relief but not a panacea, obviously. The GOP is still effectively the party of NO in so many statehouses.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I begin to see how states with once robust rule of law enshrined in constitutions of longstanding do manage to fail. I mean in the USA now there's so much completely outrageous stuff happening under pretense of lawmaking that one becomes desensitized to a lot of it, enough so it feels like too much work to pick up the phone and call a legislator's office to say ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MINDS? or better yet help to primary them for their nonsense the next time they stand for re-election.

Really it's becoming too tiring to make the effort to pay diligent attention to the antics of these guys. I'd like to think it's because of my age, but I've heard some much younger kin say stuff like that, people in their 20s and 30s, and some of them have been political activists. I've been that too, but we all do have better things to do than ride herd on hyperpartisan malcontents serving in state legislatures, and so these essentially anti-government creatures get away with tearing down rule of law from within, year after year, and the pace seeming to pick up each season.

The far right in the GOP are counting on the likelihood that we won't bother them. My outrage turns into an eyeroll or just clicking out of a news report before the end because the alternative starts to feel like throwing the device I'm reading it on across the room. I'm hoping there are still some people out there who haven't just about used up their ability to keep getting in the face of rogue lawmakers while there's still time to save the one nation we supposedly share and consent to govern together. My ability to fight back feels like it's growing faint sometimes.

Hah, maybe I just need more sunshine or a vitamin supplement. It's been a long damn winter after four damn long years of Trump, and a few months of someone else in the WH is a relief but not a panacea, obviously. The GOP is still effectively the party of NO in so many statehouses.

I truly believe we are watching the death spasms of one our 2 major parties and it's not pretty...each limb firing off it's final "but white people have created this nation", "destroying my way of life", or "I'm a real American" bullet. I think the left has been well aware they can just be independent voters and thinkers but a good percentage of the right wasn't given that memo. Of course there is also the possibility they are self important assholes and in that case no memo would make a difference.

Top Bottom
1 2