Police Brutality

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I get the question about whether the officer could've used a taser or shot the woman in the leg but if someone is that close to killing me with a knife, as the video clearly shows, then I'm not blaming the him for acting. In this case he may have very well saved the victims life.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.29.08 PM.png

IMO people reflexively and hysterically trying to shoehorn this incident into BLM are going to do damage to the cause, along with anybody trying to say pointing out she was running at somebody with a knife is victim blaming. Running at somebody with a knife is bad enough. Doing it while police are present is a whole new level that I don’t think anybody could try to justify. I do have sympathy for her friends and family but from what I’ve heard they are completely ignoring that fact and going straight for police racism as the only cause.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
IMO people reflexively and hysterically trying to shoehorn this incident into BLM are going to do damage to the cause, along with anybody trying to say pointing out she was running at somebody with a knife is victim blaming. Running at somebody with a knife is bad enough. Doing it while police are present is a whole new level that I don’t think anybody could try to justify. I do have sympathy for her friends and family but from what I’ve heard they are completely ignoring that fact and going straight for police racism as the only cause.
Actually where the outrage for some lies is in the lead up, which the officer would have no way of knowing.

Supposedly the girl killed is the one who called the police for help, as some kind of altercation was happening where she was.

Some leaps think she had the knife to defend herself before the police got there. Her actions once the officer showed are of course the story afterwards.

It's just many are focusing on her being the one to call for help from the police, and she ended up dying.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Actually where the outrage for some lies is in the lead up, which the officer would have no way of knowing.

Supposedly the girl killed is the one who called the police for help, as some kind of altercation was happening where she was.

Some leaps think she had the knife to defend herself before the police got there. Her actions once the officer showed are of course the story afterwards.

It's just many are focusing on her being the one to call for help from the police, and she ended up dying.

I hope we get the actual background story because some of it doesn't make sense, and I don't mean in a "somebody is lying" conspiracy sense. Some of it may just come down to immaturity, but I still find it odd with so much of the spotlight on police interaction with black people. Maybe how some cops feel there's no way they will get prosecuted, some black people feel there's no way they are going to get shot by the police in public with so many witnesses and cameras.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been getting annoyed watching even the MSM flog this story all day, likely because it's "topical" because of George Floyd.

But yes, if you read the actual info, it seems pretty clear that this cop shot this girl in the act of trying to stab another with a knife. And yes, maybe he could've used a taser depending on how close he was and how close the perp was to stabbing the other girl. But unless some other kind of information comes forward (and I can't imagine what that would be), I'm not gonna second guess what happened. The news media can push this story all day. They can go F themselves.
I mentioned in TOP, I've been involved in a number of teenage Black girl fights that involved knives or razors. (Razors are more popular cause they can be hidden in the hair and more easily accessible.) No teacher has ever killed a teenager in the process of stopping such a fight. Maybe the police need teacher training.

Yoused

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
(Razors are more popular cause they can be hidden in the hair and more easily accessible.)
I went to a school that was nearly half A-A, and back in the day, 'fros were quite popular (I remember even one white guy who had a big loose 'fro, until we started entertaining ourselves in health class by throwing pencils into it). One reason for the popularity of the 'fro was they were a good place to store a grooming tool
s-l300.jpg
called a "cake cutter", which could also be used aggressively. I think the SD tried to ban them at one point but failed to make it stick.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
This cop was so self-justified in his belief that he can do whatever he wants to a black driver that he mugged for the camera before beating the guy up:

This could go in TF guy too, but this seems like the right thread.

Yoused

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
this does not exactly fit "brutality", but

Police from the Sheriff's office and DHS searched for Ethan Carlton, an ex-con with outstanding warrants. When they found him, there was a confrontation in which he waved a pistol around and shouted threats at them. Officer Tyler Greene fired one shot, which proved fatal.

Good thing. A bad guy taken out of the picture.

Curiously, the fatal shot entered Carlton's back, and the coroner's report makes mention of a "muzzle stamp" and soot within the wound, suggesting that the shot was fired from a gun held against his back. Witnesses on the scene recount the incident as the officer's walking up on him from behind, not identifying themselves, wrestling with him, shooting him, waiting for him to stop breathing before calling an ambulance, unlatching his holster to put his gun on the ground and then conferring to get their story straight.

Well, what? Some people involved with Carlton have stated that two sheriff's deputies were giving Carlton advice regarding the presence of law enforcement so that he would be able to deal his product away from where LEOs were. Presumably these officers were benefitting from this arrangement (mentioned in the linked stories).

Carlton had stated that he was nervous about being a loose end, afraid that this kind of thing was going to happen – but where could he go, with the limitations on his movement and the warrants, without being at risk of arrest. And, of course, Greene, the deputy who shot him was one of the people enabling him. It has the flavor of a mafia hit.

How exceptional is this? Are departments around the country mostly free of this kind of official organized crime? Or are they so good at covering their tracks that we just very rarely hear about it? Or somewhere in between?

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
this does not exactly fit "brutality", but

Police from the Sheriff's office and DHS searched for Ethan Carlton, an ex-con with outstanding warrants. When they found him, there was a confrontation in which he waved a pistol around and shouted threats at them. Officer Tyler Greene fired one shot, which proved fatal.

Good thing. A bad guy taken out of the picture.

Curiously, the fatal shot entered Carlton's back, and the coroner's report makes mention of a "muzzle stamp" and soot within the wound, suggesting that the shot was fired from a gun held against his back. Witnesses on the scene recount the incident as the officer's walking up on him from behind, not identifying themselves, wrestling with him, shooting him, waiting for him to stop breathing before calling an ambulance, unlatching his holster to put his gun on the ground and then conferring to get their story straight.

Well, what? Some people involved with Carlton have stated that two sheriff's deputies were giving Carlton advice regarding the presence of law enforcement so that he would be able to deal his product away from where LEOs were. Presumably these officers were benefitting from this arrangement (mentioned in the linked stories).

Carlton had stated that he was nervous about being a loose end, afraid that this kind of thing was going to happen – but where could he go, with the limitations on his movement and the warrants, without being at risk of arrest. And, of course, Greene, the deputy who shot him was one of the people enabling him. It has the flavor of a mafia hit.

How exceptional is this? Are departments around the country mostly free of this kind of official organized crime? Or are they so good at covering their tracks that we just very rarely hear about it? Or somewhere in between?
Have you read the initial police report from the murder of George Floyd? For every cop that gets caught doing something like this, i think there are 10 who get away with it.

Yoused

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Have you read the initial police report from the murder of George Floyd? For every cop that gets caught doing something like this, i think there are 10 who get away with it.
That tends to be my instinct. We see all this shit since everyone carries a little camera around now, so how can we not assume that is is just SOP?

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
That tends to be my instinct. We see all this shit since everyone carries a little camera around now, so how can we not assume that is is just SOP?
When they feel comfortable doing it in broad daylight while being filmed, you know it’s absolutely SOP.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
They're supposed to be releasing the body cam footage any time now and are braced for riots.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
So, Elizabeth City, NC police decided to shoot first, ask questions later.

And now:

Officials in Elizabeth City and surrounding Pasquotank County issued emergency declarations on Monday morning, citing a potential for “a period of civil unrest” whenever the footage was publicly released.

We knew thousands of far-right extremists from the Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, and others were descending on DC on January 6, and there was no declaration of an emergency... actually nothing done about it at all. But when cops murder a black person, they need to declare a state of emergency to handle what we expect will be mostly peaceful protesters (until cops get bored and pelt them with teargas and rubber bullets)? HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?!?!?!?!?!

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
I will say it again, until I am (ahem) blue in the face: police need to live where they work. Not in the suburbs in the neighborhoods they patrol. Enough with this mercenary shit.
Funny sidenote to this, the RW's interpretation to police shootings on cops living where they work:
Cops who are POC are more likely to kill POC => cops aren't racist, or if they are cops who are POC are the MOST racist.
Meanwhile, cops who are POCs don't kill more POCs than expected based on the demographics of their precincts.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
My MR Frenemy referred to this shooting last summer:

He claimed the guy shot was the victim of the "BLM riot". The amount of lies that circulated about this case are fucking insane.

Top Bottom