Police Brutality

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’m not saying I have sympathy for this guy. I don’t, but I think it’s telling that he said “then the fake news won’t have a story.” Clearly a Trump supporter and Trump has them believing everything not on Fox News is fake news, either literally fake or slanted to the point of being fake. If they really believe that then I don’t see how we can expect them to get it.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

I’m not saying I have sympathy for this guy. I don’t, but I think it’s telling that he said “then the fake news won’t have a story.” Clearly a Trump supporter and Trump has them believing everything not on Fox News is fake news, either literally fake or slanted to the point of being fake. If they really believe that then I don’t see how we can expect them to get it.
From the article, he says “I guess it was racially insensitive"

Pretty good guess, dude!

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
From the article, he says “I guess it was racially insensitive"

Pretty good guess, dude!
There's some irony in this. The same people used to say that defunding the police would lead to this very thing. So is he suggesting we should defund the police?:D

Yoused

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
A bicyclist ran a red light in College Station Texas. The police pulled him over for a dressing-down. He decided that the encounter was over before the police wanted it to be over, so they tackled him and tased him.

For running a red light. On a bicycle.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
A bicyclist ran a red light in College Station Texas. The police pulled him over for a dressing-down. He decided that the encounter was over before the police wanted it to be over, so they tackled him and tased him.

For running a red light. On a bicycle.
LOL. Tell this to Detroit Police who only slow down at red lights...

JagRunner

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

Trump was successful at one thing. He has every Republican screaming "fake news" at anything they don't like. It's a scary thing when people don't believe facts anymore just because they come from a source Republican politicians told them is "fake"

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump was successful at one thing. He has every Republican screaming "fake news" at anything they don't like. It's a scary thing when people don't believe facts anymore just because they come from a source Republican politicians told them is "fake"
Lying press (German: Lügenpresse, lit. 'press of lies') is a pejorative political term used largely by German political movements for the printed press and the mass media at large, as a propaganda tactic to discredit the publications that offered a message counter to their agenda.

The Nazis adopted the term for their propaganda against the Jewish, communist, and later the foreign press. In 1922 Adolf Hitler used the accusation of the "lying press" for the Marxist press. [6] In the Mein Kampf chapter on war propaganda, he described what he saw as the extraordinary effect of enemy propaganda in the First World War. He criticized German propaganda as ineffective and called for 'better' propaganda, which, allegedly like that of the English, French or Americans, was to be oriented towards psychological effectiveness. [7] Accusations of “lying” against domestic journalism can be found in his speeches, for example against the “social democratic press”, Jewish liberals, etc. [8]
Trump *allegedly* and "incidentally" kept a book of hitler's speeches on his night stand. One of the few things I actually believe he had read.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm starting to see the new police strategy here. If the shooting is obviously justified,, publish body cam footage immediately. If it raises concerns wait it out, release until the very last moment, preferable when/after charges are dropped, preferentially weeks later.

Now this takes us to, vehicles could constitute as deadly force and and vehicular homicide of officers is comparable to that of guns, but. In this video it's 1) quite clear that Brown is evading the officers and not trying to run them over. 2) this is corroborated by the cops not firing right away, and most (perhaps all) shots are actually taken AFTER he steered clear from the officers. Just to repeat, they didn't feel they should fire when the car was actually posing a direct threat but only after the car wasn't anymore. And this takes us back to why so many people are killed by cops. They do it because they are empowered, protected, and on many levels encouraged to do so.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm starting to see the new police strategy here. If the shooting is obviously justified,, publish body cam footage immediately. If it raises concerns wait it out, release until the very last moment, preferable when/after charges are dropped, preferentially weeks later.
This is exactly how I see it. If they don't immediately release it then it seems like they're hiding something from us There needs to be legislation that doesn't favor one side or the other, it shouldn't be up to the cops.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is exactly how I see it. If they don't immediately release it then it seems like they're hiding something from us There needs to be legislation that doesn't favor one side or the other, it shouldn't be up to the cops.
Yup. This should go to an independent review board outside the state jurisdiction and would require a <72H turnaround time. I saw a CNN video on San Antonio cop union achieving to get 43% fired officers rehired with practices highlighted providing unfair advantage to officers:
- a 48H lead time to questioning
- access to ALL the evidence against them prior to testimony.

Can you imagine?! You can't make this shit up:

A San Antonio bike cop canned over 2016 allegations that he tried to give a homeless man a sandwich filled with dog feces has won an appeal of his dismissal, according to the Associated Press.

However, SAPD officer Matthew Luckhurst remains off the beat after a suspension for a separate poop prank. That one involved taking a un-flushed dump in the women's locker room and smearing a brown substance over the toilet seat after a female officer asked that the restroom be kept clean.

This month, an arbitrator sided with Luckhurst in his appeal of the sandwich incident, saying administrators serve him punishment within the required 180-day period.

It's unclear where the second incident is in the appeals process.

At issue in the arbitration was the varying dates witnesses gave about when the event took place, according to the AP. Some said Luckhurst served up the shit sandwich on May 6, 2016, while others provided varying dates or said he couldn't have been on patrol then since he'd been hurt in a martial arts class.

Luckhurst received his indefinite suspension on Oct. 28, 2016.

Yoused

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Just to repeat, they didn't feel they should fire when the car was actually posing a direct threat but only after the car wasn't anymore.

Just exactly when should a police officer – or anyone else for that matter – shoot a gun at a moving fucking car??? Honestly, when?

_______

Also, on the subject of police brutality of a different kind (perhaps worse, in its way),

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Back to business as usual, which means...

ANOTHER federal civil rights investigation.
I posted this originally at PRSI, because when you look into this story... 🤬🤬🤬🤬:brickwall:
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Louisiana state troopers were captured on body camera video stunning, punching and dragging a Black man as he apologized for leading them on a high-speed chase -- footage of the man’s last moments alive that The Associated Press obtained after authorities refused to release it for two years.

“I’m your brother! I’m scared! I’m scared!” Ronald Greene can be heard telling the white troopers as the unarmed man is jolted repeatedly with a stun gun before he even gets out of his car along a dark, rural road.

The 2019 arrest outside Monroe, Louisiana, is the subject of a federal civil rights investigation. But unlike other in-custody deaths across the nation where body camera video was released almost immediately, Greene’s case has been shrouded in secrecy and accusations of a cover-up.
Louisiana officials have rebuffed repeated calls to release footage and details about what caused the 49-year-old’s death. Troopers initially told Greene’s family he died on impact after crashing into a tree during the chase. Later, State Police released a one-page statement acknowledging only that Greene struggled with troopers and died on his way to the hospital.

Only now in the footage obtained by the AP from one trooper’s body camera can the public see for the first time some of what happened during the arrest.

The 46-minute clip shows one trooper wrestling Greene to the ground, putting him in a chokehold and punching him in the face while another can be heard calling him a “stupid motherf---—.”

Greene wails “I’m sorry!” as another trooper delivers another stun gun shock to his backside and warns, “Look, you’re going to get it again if you don’t put your f---—- hands behind your back!” Another trooper can be seen briefly dragging the man facedown after his legs had been shackled and his hands cuffed behind him.
Instead of rendering aid, the troopers leave the heavyset man unattended, facedown and moaning for more than nine minutes, as they use sanitizer wipes to wash blood off their hands and faces.

“I hope this guy ain’t got f------ AIDS,” one of the troopers can be heard saying.
1000.jpeg

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Back to business as usual, which means...

ANOTHER federal civil rights investigation.
I posted this originally at PRSI, because when you look into this story... 🤬🤬🤬🤬:brickwall:

1000.jpeg
These cops have on body cameras and still do this. What were they doing before the body cameras??!?!?

Multiple cops need to stand trial for this.

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
These cops have on body cameras and still do this. What were they doing before the body cameras??!?!?

Multiple cops need to stand trial for this.
One supposedly died hours after being finally let go. :unsure:

Others were already off duty, because they were already in trouble for beating up other Black men & proudly discussing it.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Ocean City police definitely need their budget cut. If they’ve got what looks like a dozen or more officers to handle 1 kid vaping, they are seriously over-funded. I didn’t know that shooting you with a taser and hog-tying you to carry you away was the penalty for vaping outside. Remind me to stay away from Ocean City.

Notice the cop told him to remove the backpack, and the instant he tried, they tased him. Those are some sadistic cops.

Congrats, OCPD! You just proved that you should be DEFUNDED.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ocean City police definitely need their budget cut. If they’ve got what looks like a dozen or more officers to handle 1 kid vaping, they are seriously over-funded. I didn’t know that shooting you with a taser and hog-tying you to carry you away was the penalty for vaping outside. Remind me to stay away from Ocean City.

Notice the cop told him to remove the backpack, and the instant he tried, they tased him. Those are some sadistic cops.

This is the sort of shit where they'll claim they've thought he was raping not vaping. Oops.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score

Follow-up: Here’s what the police department claimed happened… watch the video and decide. I am interested in how the teenager committed 2nd-degree assault after getting tased ... Did he manage it before he got hog-tied? He probably made the mistake of trying to defend himself while being assaulted by the police? That counts as resisting?

Oh, and one of the cops was wearing this on his uniform:

Yoused

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Oh, and one of the cops was wearing this on his uniform
That is a blue-lives flag, which does not seem entirely inappropriate for a LEO wear. I mean, it is not exactly like a Klan hood. Close, but still, semantically hard to object to in that context.

Top Bottom