Police kill a man walking away from them in Louisiana

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I would have posted this in the news forum but I don’t seem to have privileges. Mods, please move there as it’s a news story. Cops probably didn’t know they were being recorded.

if he was really brandishing a knife, walking to get inside a convenience store (after being tased), then it’s a good shot. If not, cop should be prosecuted.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
If he had a knife and they were tazing him and he was not responding to lawful police orders and they let him into a building with people it could’ve ended up turning into a hostage situation or worse. I would expect them to have done the same thing if he was white.

They tried using words, they tried using less lethal means(Tazer). If he had a weapon approaching him with a baton would have put the police in danger so are there people that don’t agree that what the police did was proper?

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
If he had a knife and they were tazing him and he was not responding to lawful police orders and they let him into a building with people it could’ve ended up turning into a hostage situation or worse. I would expect them to have done the same thing if he was white.

They tried using words, they tried using less lethal means(Tazer). If he had a weapon approaching him with a baton would have put the police in danger so are there people that don’t agree that what the police did was proper?

It's such a weird situation that people are reading this through their usual lenses. At this point, the BLM crowd are primed to think that every shooting by police is an awful crime, and meanwhile, police backers are too likely to support nearly any action no matter.

In this particular situation, if the man had a knife and he had committed an act of violence already, it was a legal shooting.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
From a Fox News article:

"There are two justice systems in America. One for Black Americans and one for white Americans," Crump said. "Until we address this we will continue to see more hashtags" about Black people killed by police, he said.

The bullet holes near the spot where Pellerin was killed belie police statements that they were trying to protect people inside, Haley said.

"That store's side is riddled with bullets," showing "callous disregard for the safety of the people in the store," he said.

So much for the “protecting the store’s customers” argument.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
So much for the “protecting the store’s customers” argument.

Bullet on a wall > knife in someone. That was clearly a justified shooting.

The other one (Minnesota) I am not sure. I saw the other video in which he resists and then he moves towards the inside of the car. If they had bodycams hopefully they will release the footage.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Bullet on a wall > knife in someone. That was clearly a justified shooting.

The other one (Minnesota) I am not sure. I saw the other video in which he resists and then he moves towards the inside of the car. If they had bodycams hopefully they will release the footage.

Always making excuses for white cops. Always giving them the benefit of the doubt. It wasn’t clearly justified at all. You saw the same video others saw and nobody has concluded that it’s justified but you. I guess you just know because the guy is black right? And that store had windows and a glass door - one of those bullets easily could have gone into the store and hit somebody.

Some people always think the white guy is justified whatever he does, and the black guy had it coming.

It’s called being a racist. Racists were defending the murder of George Floyd at first too.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm honestly wondering if in some of these cases the victims are trying to be martyrs to the cause or something because in some of the cases their actions seem really stupid.

I've known several black people who act completely differently in a police situation then I (white guy, hi!) have had to, things like when getting pulled over reflexively putting their hands on the dashboard.

I don't know, maybe I'm ignorant, and probably am, but I feel like if I was a black person anywhere near the parameter of a police situation at this point in history I wouldn't be all "I'm just going to wander over here now" while seemingly ignoring any commands that might be getting yelled into the air.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Always making excuses for white cops. Always giving them the benefit of the doubt. It wasn’t clearly justified at all. You saw the same video others saw and nobody has concluded that it’s justified but you. I guess you just know because the guy is black right? And that store had windows and a glass door - one of those bullets easily could have gone into the store and hit somebody.

Some people always think the white guy is justified whatever he does, and the black guy had it coming.

It’s called being a racist. Racists were defending the murder of George Floyd at first too.

fuck off. Calling me a racist like that. Don't have arguments? Call the interlocutor a racist. Piss off, racist. You don't even know if I am white or black or yellow or anything.
Guy had a knife, was tased, didn't stop, ran towards place, cops had to take a split second decision and take a risk, they took it, one criminal asshole off the streets.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
This is how the Louisiana cops handled an out of control white guy with a knife:

You don't even know the difference between a barricaded person with a knife (=danger only to himself) and someone running inside a store. I can find thousands of blacks or Hispanics in similar situations to the one you posted that aren't shot.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
fuck off. Calling me a racist like that. Don't have arguments? Call the interlocutor a racist. Piss off, racist. You don't even know if I am white or black or yellow or anything.
Guy had a knife, was tased, didn't stop, ran towards place, cops had to take a split second decision and a risk, they took it, one criminal asshole off the streets.

I guess you have all the facts you need; funny how you only want enough ”facts” to exonerate the police in your mind. The investigation is still ongoing. Don’t you want all the facts before you say the shooting was justified?

You want all the facts in the Wisconsin case... or maybe you’re just waiting for that one convenient fact that might make it look like the shooting was justified, just like your analysis of this case.

Top Bottom
1 2